• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor Advice Needed

Hawk in WY

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2013
Jackson Hole, WY
I would appreciate some advice for a suppressor purchase.

I have a few but none for a hunting rifle.

Calibers are 7 SAUM, 300 PRC, and 300 Norma Mag.

Priorities are:

Fits over a muzzle brake.
Can be swapped from one rifle to another.
Lightweight.
As short as possible.
Quick detach.
Value for money.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Here's my recommendation... I have 2 of them (.30 and 6.5mm) and they are the best all-around (both hunting & range, and with subsonic .300 BLK) cans I have. They are only 7" length x 1.65" diameter, and have 9 baffles in them, so they have a good internal volume, proven tests show it's one of the quietest cans on the market for it's size, extremely lightweight, HUB mounting (allows you to use whatever mounting system you want), and is one of the best values for the money out there. It has everything you are looking for. And they have a lifetime warranty, and are rated up to .300 Norma Mag (barrel length restrictions apply, obviously). And they are precision rifle cans. My group sizes did not change with the can on and off.

@AndrewKing is the owner of Otter Creek, and he said on his InstaGram feed yesterday, that they have completed the new order for SS, and are waiting for Form-3's to get approved by the ATF for shipment, and as soon as that happens, they will be on the shelf at SS and ready to order, so, hopefully in the next week or 2.

Here's my recommendation... I have 2 of them (.30 and 6.5mm) and they are the best all-around (both hunting & range, and with subsonic .300 BLK) cans I have. They are only 7" length x 1.65" diameter, and have 9 baffles in them, so they have a good internal volume, proven tests show it's one of the quietest cans on the market for it's size, extremely lightweight, HUB mounting (allows you to use whatever mounting system you want), and is one of the best values for the money out there. It has everything you are looking for. And they have a lifetime warranty, and are rated up to .300 Norma Mag (barrel length restrictions apply, obviously). And they are precision rifle cans. My group sizes did not change with the can on and off.

@AndrewKing is the owner of Otter Creek, and he said on his InstaGram feed yesterday, that they have completed the new order for SS, and are waiting for Form-3's to get approved by the ATF for shipment, and as soon as that happens, they will be on the shelf at SS and ready to order, so, hopefully in the next week or 2.

I just recently looked at OCL after hearing their Polonium silencer has a 6mm bore. I grabbed one from SS for my 6ARC. I'm looking forward to it getting approved next year... or the one after. lol.

Reactions: FuhQ
I just recently looked at OCL after hearing their Polonium silencer has a 6mm bore. I grabbed one from SS for my 6ARC. I'm looking forward to it getting approved next year... or the one after. lol.
Yeah, I have one of those, as well. Great can! Hell, everything they make is a great can. From getting to know him, Andrew really prides himself in testing and engineering to get the exact results he wants out of a product before releasing it. If he's not happy, he'll scrap the whole thing and start over. He did this with the Infinity (100% Inconel .30 caliber for hard-use) prototype can that he was going to release this year (2023). He didn't like something about it, and thought he could do better, and so he scrapped it, and went back to the drawing board, and the new Infinity will be the final product and should be releasing in 2024.

I currently have 4 OCL cans (Hydro-S 6.5, Hydro-S 7.62, Hydro-L 7.62, & Polonium). All of them perform amazing.

Generally speaking, for hunting, weight is critical, and rapid-fire is unnecessary. The military-style cans are stainless and built for battle and heavy. So, you will want Titanium, as it is very lightweight and durable enough. Keep in mind that some sort of easy release means a common muzzle device on all your rifles.

The good news is there are many great choices available now. This is a great time to be a suppressor buyer. Lots of new names, innovation, independent testing, etc. We could discuss a dozen, for sure, but I want to focus in on two that I think fit your needs.

Two suppressors come to mind to seriously consider. One is from HUXWRX, which is one of the mid-sized firms and has historically been a military provider based in Utah. The other from a small independent company that has invested heavily in new machining and had some very good test results is Diligent Defense from Pennsylvania.

One of the best suppressors to come along in a long time that would fit your requirements is the HUXWRX 762 Ti Flow. It has a proprietary adapter, and the suppressor comes with one, and you buy the other two separately. This is a shorter and fatter can, so if you use a cover, you need to consider that. HUXWRX and a small number of other names have been pioneers in the 3-D printed suppressors, and this new design allows for more complex geometries and flows to solve both gas in the face (which is less of an issue with a bolt gun) and better noise reduction.

https://charliescustomclones.com/huxwrx-flow-762-ti-suppressor-with-muzzle-brake-in-black/

FLOW-762-w-brake-BLK__17917.jpg

Diligent's DTF-STi is a little more affordable and comes with no back end. Using the universal "hub" adapter that many suppressor companies are now building with, the rear end is open, and will accept any adapter built for the Bravo or Hub universal adapter. This would allow you to pick your muzzle device and a hub adapter. Rearden muzzle devices and their Atlas universal adapter is a great choice. Many people like the Dead Air Xeno adapter and muzzle device. You have the option to customize it to your needs. This suppressor is rated for up to .338, but don't let that fool you. It will do fine with smaller calibers as well.

https://charliescustomclones.com/diligent-defense-dtf-sti-8-6mm-338-cal-titanium-suppressor/

DDC-8-6__62647.jpg

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Chief_Rick
Very helpful. Thank you, everyone.

I'm seeing a number out of stock but this is for hunting season in October 2024.

I have some research to do over the next month or so.

To narrow the options, weight is a priority so titanium seems to be the best option.

If you're wanting just one to specifically hunt with, the TBAC Ultra series cans are pretty tough to beat in my opinion. They offer a .30 or 6.5 cal version in a 5, 7, and 9 inch overall length. The Ultra 5 weighs like 6 ounces, and while it's not the quietest can out there it's awesome for a dedicated light and compact rifle setup. Or if overall rifle length doesn't bother you, the Ultra 9 is pretty damn quiet and still only weighs around 10 ounces. And if you can't make up your mind on which one of those to go with, the Ultra 7 is the sweet spot right in between. It's TBAC's most popular can, and is extremely efficient for the compact size. And if none of those interest you, then you can always step up and go for the Dominus or Magnus, which are their more premium cans which are bigger and heavier, but still very reasonable in weight. They also have several attachment options including direct thread, their Compact Brake version or "CB", their Secondary Retention or "SR", and the newly released universal or "HUB" type previously mentioned here. I currently own a Dominus CB, but have an Ultra 5 6.5 on the way just to hunt with. TBAC makes some awesome stuff, but they carry a premium price as well.. buy once cry once and don't look back.

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: