• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Advice

poke5353

Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Central Arkansas
I am looking to purchase a suppressor and I am looking for opinions. I have looked at most popular brands but just like most things in the shooting industry there are way too many to pick from. I am mostly considering Liberty Freedom and the Gem Tech HVT. I am wanting a direct thread on bc I dont want to have to buy brakes or mounts for them. Everything I have is threaded 5/8x24. I would consider a Titanium version if it were under $1000. That is the price point I would like to stay under.

Thanks

Re: Suppressor Advice

If you are looking for a .30cal rated can under $1K with the stamp, the Gemtech HVT and YHM Phantom SS would be good choices. Both are stainless and heavy when compared to Ti.

If you are looking for a $1K can w/o the stamp, the TBAC 30P-1 would be my choice. 16 ounces of well built Ti.

+1 on the SAS and Mile High. Also rated for .300 Win Mag. 9" long, 1.5" diameter and 12.4 to 14.5 ozs (depending on mount).

30P-1's are pretty slick and you should be able to get one for less than $1k, before the stamp. I have one awaiting approval but I have been able to use it a few times and it kicks ass. My next purchase is going to be a YHM 762 Phantom TI QD to run on a few semi auto platforms though. Different suppressors for different needs...you can never have too many.

I am waiting for the SAS with the TOMB mount to come in at Mile High and i will be ordering and can't wait!

You can stay well under your price tag and spend your money with a hide sponsor.... contact the member: Hooper on this forum.

He now offers a line of thread on Ti cans. His 30cal can is called the FEMUR. Its well built, little to no POI shift, and the sound is quite nice. Looks similar to a SAS Arbiter. I have one and am very happy with he purchase.

Support your Hide Sponsors!

There's a groupbuy going on right now for TBAC cans. Might be worth checking out.

+1 to buying from a vendor here. I've had very positive experiences with vendors on the hide.

Check out HTG silencers they have the M30-a $748.00 and the Predator in titanium for $995.oo

Thanks for all the input so far guys. I have pm's out for all the group buys and I am awaiting replies. I have found a SAS arbiter as well.

Thanks

How do you guys clean your suppressors that are sealed. Hoppes elite? Vinegar? Or any other ideas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: poke53</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you guys clean your suppressors that are sealed. Hoppes elite? Vinegar? Or any other ideas. </div></div>
http://www.suppressedarmament.com/faqs.html;
Q: Do I need to clean my suppressor? If so what do you suggest and how often?
A: 3 years ago I would have answered no. Something has changed in the composition of some powders making it necessary to clean even your large caliber suppressors. The easiest method we have found it to plug the end, fill with vinegar and let it sit for a day or two. Then rinse with hot water. The carbon will flush right out. This method is only to be used on the Stainless Steel or Titanium models.