• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor advise

browning300

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2022
South
Hey all, new member here hoping to ask some suppressor questions. I have a sico hybrid can. I’ve used it on 223 and 300 blk ar, 308 300 win mag and 300blk bolt guns, and a handgun.

I’m wanting another can, and I’m wondering about getting a 30 cal can or getting another hybrid like the sico or dead air primal. I don’t currently have a pcc, but I want one.

I can read specs of the cans online, but often times they don’t tell the whole story. What are the real world differences that make a 30 cal can better than a hybrid/primal? Is the dedicated can quieter, more accurate, less gas with ar, etc than a hybrid/primal? Any other advantages with a 30 cal over hybrid/primal. Thanks y’all.

I mean, if you want a PCC, you’re gonna likely want a can in that caliber or larger. That would preclude a dedicated 30-cal can in my mind, unless you want two new cans.

Reactions: browning300
I mean, if you want a PCC, you’re gonna likely want a can in that caliber or larger. That would preclude a dedicated 30-cal can in my mind, unless you want two new cans.
Thank you for the reply. I have the sico hybrid already, so I could use that one if I ever got a pcc.

Just researching before my next purchase, I’m trying to find out if a dedicated 30 cal can is that much better. If so, what’s better about it on a 308 and 300 blk than my current hybrid. My current hybrid is the only can I have ever shot, so I have nothing to compare it to. Thanks y’all

Hey all, new member here hoping to ask some suppressor questions. I have a sico hybrid can. I’ve used it on 223 and 300 blk ar, 308 300 win mag and 300blk bolt guns, and a handgun.

I’m wanting another can, and I’m wondering about getting a 30 cal can or getting another hybrid like the sico or dead air primal. I don’t currently have a pcc, but I want one.

I can read specs of the cans online, but often times they don’t tell the whole story. What are the real world differences that make a 30 cal can better than a hybrid/primal? Is the dedicated can quieter, more accurate, less gas with ar, etc than a hybrid/primal? Any other advantages with a 30 cal over hybrid/primal. Thanks y’all.
The .30 caliber suppressor will be noticeably quieter on .30 caliber and smaller cartridges, compared to your multi-cal can. You will be really blown away at how well a GOOD .30 caliber can will sound on a .30 caliber rifle.

Are your main goals quietness, or weight, or length? Is it for hunting or for bench work, or both? What is your price range?

Lots of questions needing answered before we can recommend a can.

The biggest difference will be size. That Hybrid is a beefy boy and a Ti or K can in .30 will be a lot smaller and lighter.

The .30 caliber suppressor will be noticeably quieter on .30 caliber and smaller cartridges, compared to your multi-cal can. You will be really blown away at how well a GOOD .30 caliber can will sound on a .30 caliber rifle.

Are your main goals quietness, or weight, or length? Is it for hunting or for bench work, or both? What is your price range?

Lots of questions needing answered before we can recommend a can.

Thank you for the reply. Main use will be whitetail hunting with a bolt action 308 bergara b14 ridge 18" barrel, so id like to get one that direct threads. I'd also like to be able to use the can on my 300 blk ar for fun. Really I just liked my first can so much I want another one, and trying to figure out what to get

Thank you for the reply. Main use will be whitetail hunting with a bolt action 308 bergara b14 ridge 18" barrel, so id like to get one that direct threads. I'd also like to be able to use the can on my 300 blk ar for fun. Really I just liked my first can so much I want another one, and trying to figure out what to get

You have a length and weight in mind?

CGS Hyperion will be incredibly quiet on both bit it's a bit it's long.

CGS Helios qd ti is a smaller option that would be fantastic. It comes with a 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 direct thread mount.

Liberty precision machine Anthem S would be great as well.

Diligent Defense Enticer S and OCL Hydrogen S are some other great options.

Being that your main goal is suppression for hunting with a bolt-action .308 and a .300 BLK, I would highly recommend an Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S or Hydrogen-L in 7.62 with their new ZR0-DTA 5/8-24 direct-thread mount. It will be ridiculously lightweight and quiet. 👍🏼

To find out more about their suppressors, checkout my thread below.

If it’s ok I also wanted to piggyback off of you original question because I also am looking for a .30 cal can. I currently have a SilencerCo Saker 7.62 but want something new with no minimum barrel length requirement. As the primary host will be a sig 5.5” 300 blackout (MCX). It will also be used on a 16” 7.62x39 (MCX) and a 14.5” .223 (AR-15 and MCX). The primary suppressors I’ve been looking at and interested in are the Surefire 300sps, SilencerCo Chimera 300, HUXWRX/OSS HX-QD 762, and the SIg SLX and SLH series suppressors. Thank you

The HUX and flow-through Sig will be the easy button for semis. A little louder but no gas to the face or tuning required.

If it’s ok I also wanted to piggyback off of you original question because I also am looking for a .30 cal can. I currently have a SilencerCo Saker 7.62 but want something new with no minimum barrel length requirement. As the primary host will be a sig 5.5” 300 blackout (MCX). It will also be used on a 16” 7.62x39 (MCX) and a 14.5” .223 (AR-15 and MCX). The primary suppressors I’ve been looking at and interested in are the Surefire 300sps, SilencerCo Chimera 300, HUXWRX/OSS HX-QD 762, and the SIg SLX and SLH series suppressors. Thank you
Best all-around .300 BLK can I've used so far is the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S 7.62.

It's rated for a 5" .300 BLK as long as you only shoot subs. 7" .300 BLK if shooting supers.

Bauer has them in-stock and on sale for $850...

If you want something that's not as quiet, but more forgiving, and less back pressure, the Dead Air Sandman-S is going to beat the SiCo can any day of the week.

For me, my go to "do all" 30 cal. cans have boiled down to the CGS Helios and LPM Anthem S.

Edit:

In terms of differences, the reality is there are baffle stacks designed specifically for calibers, subsonic flow, supersonic flow, back pressure, etc. These differences can be dramatic, or not noticeable at all. So highly depends on the host weapon and load.

If you want the best performance (lowest signature) from a can you'll generally need to get something specialized for the host caliber and desired use case. A can designed to run 9mm subs really quite will likely suck on a 5.56 semi compared to cans with a targeted design for supersonic 5.56 in a semi auto platform. It'll still be "quiet" but noticeablely less.

All that said, technology evolves daily. There are some damn good do all cans out there today that really do well on just about anything you drop them on. Always draw backs, but the gap is closing it seems.

Last edited:

Man tbh it would hard to recommend you a great can for 300 subs that also does well with supers and plays well on other calibers on a semi auto.

For purely 300 blk subs the CGS Hyperion is pretty insane.

A Hyperion K for your 5/8x24 barrels and an oss flow 556k on the 5.56 would be a good combo. CGS Hyperion and the K version index on the sig taper which is an awesome benefit for you imo.

CGS Helios qd (ti version if you aren't going to be mag dumping supers) would do pretty well with everything.

Agreed. The Do-All “one” can that leads to more!
For sure. I have 7 cans right now so lots of overlap for me but I don’t care. I messed around with a banish 30 before realizing a TBAC 7 was what I actually wanted. Then a nomad Ti and a few rimfire cans. All good stuff, I try not to geek out on it too much and mostly hunt these days, not much long range shooting at the range.

I am on the fence though about cutting back my 375s and putting big heavy silencers on them though.

For sure. I have 7 cans right now so lots of overlap for me but I don’t care. I messed around with a banish 30 before realizing a TBAC 7 was what I actually wanted. Then a nomad Ti and a few rimfire cans. All good stuff, I try not to geek out on it too much and mostly hunt these days, not much long range shooting at the range.

I am on the fence though about cutting back my 375s and putting big heavy silencers on them though.
The answer is always yes