• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Alignment

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I will be having my barrels threaded next week for my TBAC 30P-1 and SWR Specwar 7.62. The brakes for the Specwar and TBAC both have 5/8x24 thread, so I am hoping that I can bounce back and forth between the two if I feel like it.

Question..once the barrels are threaded…is there a way to check the "run-out" of the cans when threaded on the barrels? These are my first cans, and Im wondering what I need to look at each time I put one of them on to ensure that I won't have baffle strike issues. Is there like a "clearance rod" I place down through the can and into the muzzle to make sure its GTG?

I will be having my barrels threaded next week for my TBAC 30P-1 and SWR Specwar 7.62. The brakes for the Specwar and TBAC both have 5/8x24 thread, so I am hoping that I can bounce back and forth between the two if I feel like it.

Question..once the barrels are threaded…is there a way to check the "run-out" of the cans when threaded on the barrels? These are my first cans, and Im wondering what I need to look at each time I put one of them on to ensure that I won't have baffle strike issues. Is there like a "clearance rod" I place down through the can and into the muzzle to make sure its GTG?

Yep, these:

Suppressor Alignment Rods - Accessories

Reactions: sniper79_98
The best way to measure runout is to have the gunsmith do it while the barrel is still chucked up after threading. (He should, of course, verify the threads with a nogo gauge or a thread mic before trying to screw on the suppressor!)