• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

suppressor choice

chrisj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2005
Naples, FL
Looking for a smaller 30 cal suppressor mostly for 300 blk and 308. Prefer a shorter can and on the lower end in terms of cost. Will likely be fired less than 1000 rounds a year.
Thanks

When you're waiting almost a year for approval and paying a $200 tax stamp on something that has terrible resale (IE:hard to upgrade later) it's wise to buy the best that's on the market at the time you're purchasing. That's the best advice I can give you from someone who has a few paperweights laying around.

TBAC Ultra 5 or 7 or a Q Trash Panda would be excellent choices.

IF 300blk is going to be your primary use...I'd vote for the Thunder Beast Ultra 5CB.

When you're waiting almost a year for approval and paying a $200 tax stamp on something that has terrible resale (IE:hard to upgrade later) it's wise to buy the best that's on the market at the time you're purchasing. That's the best advice I can give you from someone who has a few paperweights laying around.

Ya I appreciate that but It will be for my gf and son who just don't like a loud boom. It does nothing to excite me.

Not a good excuse to cheap out and buy a POS can. It’s your money though.

If you want a turd then just do a form 1 can. At least you’re cutting the wait out of the equation.
never said I want a POS.. just don't want to spend more than I have to for something i won't even use.

Reactions: chrisj
Ok, let me unrecommend an OSS can. I think it's great on a gas gun, but its blowback advantages aren't needed for a bolt gun.

I think the Omega and TBAC are favorites. I know you said you want something on the lower end, but consider the wait time involved and how you will have it for life.

You could get an omega and run it on pretty much anything ever. It’s 8” over all so about average length(there are a few shorter and a few longer.) if they decide .308 then slap that cap on. .223 boom another cap. Too much recoil run the anchor brake. It’s not amazing at any one thing but for a do all can you can’t beat it and they can be found on sale new with mount and such for $800 just my .02¢ I have an ultra 7 and love it but the omega was my first can

Reactions: MPrimo and chrisj
Ok, let me unrecommend an OSS can. I think it's great on a gas gun, but its blowback advantages aren't needed for a bolt gun.

I think the Omega and TBAC are favorites. I know you said you want something on the lower end, but consider the wait time involved and how you will have it for life.
Ya I understand. Not trying to get a cheap POs and I'm ok paying up to a G

Reactions: required_user_name
A Banish 30 will let you opt between 7 or 9 inch length, so you can add that as a consideration.

I'd suggest the YHM resonator k. I have the full size resonator. They're great cans, don't let the price fool you. I shoot mine on 6.5 creedmoor, 6 creedmoor, and 300 blk. You won't be disappointed.

Reactions: chrisj
If you have never shot a rig with a suppressor, you may want to. It made me rethink it and it became a bigger priority for me. UL7 for me.

Build you own. Paperwork back in less than a month. Once you have the tools you can make quality titanium cans for under $250 each.

There is nothing technologically advanced here. Its 100 year old tech.

Reactions: deersniper
There are so many good cans on the market right now that it can be so hard to choose one. I went with a SiCo Omega 300 and have been super happy with it. First, they can be had for pretty cheap these days. I like that they’re a bigger company, making it less likely that they will go under and thus more likely to continue to service/warranty their products. My primary use is on a 300 bo and 556. The results on the 300 with subs is insane! Any can likely will be, but I was blown away the first time I fired it. Like, action only levels of quiet. Aesthetics are a stupid reason to buy most things, but I did like the looks of the SiCo can as well.

Oh and all that being said if you’re going to go with the SiCo I do admit their mounts are shit. Recommend going with a hellfire brake and their mounting collar (that goes on the suppressor).

+1 I have used my brothers Dead Air Sandman and like it pretty well.

The Sandman S & L are great. The S stings my ear a little on my 300 win mag, but is pretty quiet considering the gun. The L sounds great on the same gun. Either should be great on a 300 Blackout, especially if it’s bolt gun.
Every time somebody asks what suppressor on this forum Thunderbeast comes up. All 8 million of those people can’t be wrong. I may try an Ultra 9 soon, but a Rugged Surge is coming first.

Dead Air Nomad... get the L if you can deal with the extra length. It’s really, really, really quiet. Moreso than any other suppressor I’ve seen or heard by a considerable margin. Only downside is she’s a bit portly, at 1.7” round.

I have an omega and really like the can. I know some people are down on the company but it’s still a great can

Take a serious look at the Omega 36M.
Can configure short for your 300BLK or full size for .308 and up to .338LM. Small, light and versatile.

We see more SilencerCo and ThunderBeast suppressors working successfully across the board than any other brand. Bunch of other quality cans out there be these 2 seem to have the most solid and extensive track record.

./

chrisj, I was looking for one centerfire can. Bought a SAS Reaper from Mile high when they had them. It runs on my 6mm prs gun, 260 hunting gun, 223 coyote gun and my 300 blackout pistol. it's versatile because of the "TOMB", thread over muzzle break or you can use a thread over flash suppressor. Additionally, you can get your can on a trust instead of individual. My two SIL's are in my trust, they will get the can when I pass and they can possess the can and use it now on their firearms with the Tomb or Tofs system. I can also list firearms on the trust so they would just inherit them at my passing.

best
Idahoorion