• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor covers

What one considers expensive, another considers cheap. What is your budget?

I have a few. Rifles Only, Armageddon gear, etc... they all work, some better than others.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
The ones I have seen are around $70
That’s ridiculous for a cover.

Is the griptastic somewhat “removeable” to facilitate cooling between strings of fire? I know its not permanent, but easily be slid back? Thanks

Is the griptastic somewhat “removeable” to facilitate cooling between strings of fire? I know its not permanent, but easily be slid back? Thanks

RifleKuhl is the most effective way IMHO. Sliding the cover off the can doesn’t do much to displace heat. The RifleKuhl probably cuts cooling time about 50%. There are several similar products. I even stuck my cordless shop vac on the end of my can for a while before I got the RifleKuhl:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: FishDr
RifleKuhl is the most effective way IMHO. Sliding the cover off the can doesn’t do much to displace heat. The RifleKuhl probably cuts cooling time about 50%. There are several similar products. I even suckmy cordless shop vac on the end of my can for a while before I got the RifleKuhl:ROFLMAO:
Never considered that approach. Thanks for the tip.

It does not slide off easily, and there are better options for cooling a barrel/can.

What is a can cover for? Tacticool looks, or to keep from burning yourself, others, or shit you don't want burned? I've Bowers on all mine an have never had an issue, even in F/A mode. Is it tacticool,.... nope,... is it Gucci,... nope,... Yet it does it's job no matter if it's a simple ass bolt, semi auto, F/A mag or belt gun. It's simple, cheap, an flat ass works. Laughing,... if you think throwing money at tacticool or Gucci, is the answer to everything.

Interesting how with all the cool shit, we are still fucking with cave dwelling ragheads,...should be a clue in that for some,...

Reactions: Goathead1096
The ones I have seen are around $70
That’s ridiculous for a cover.

Maybe you don’t need a cover, then. I don’t know what else to offer. Those that go cheap often spend twice as much in the end.

For me, I use covers to protect me from myself when I let the gun hang and the hot can brushes my leg, and to cut down the heat mirage from the hot can.

I’ve had other covers beside the Bowers. I did a few mag dumps one day in training and my ’other-name-brand-more-expensive’ cover melted.

The Bowers are not that sexy looking and certainly lack the cool factor, but that could describe me, too, and they work.

Reactions: Went4It
Why you gotta be a dick? I do t have a lot of money. I’m looking for something that’s not going to kill my budget. After a divorce and being single I have to watch my pennies
Cause the more you spend, the more capable you are. Didn't you get the memo?

Armageddon Gear all the way for me, unless something has changed. Mine are pretty old but have held up well, do what they are supposed to and I got them at a stellar deal!

Reactions: MediumSpeed
I've ordered 2 custom size/color covers from a guy on eBay. They've both performed well and are budget friendly. Look for seller gr8sttoolmaker

I just picked up my Sandman L yesterday. Which one would you recommend for cutting down on mirage from the can for a long range bolt gun in AZ?

Never saw the Bowers before. if it works good and saved you money, who gives a shit what it looks like. I bought some Precision Underground stuff. Very well made and all my shit was custom sizes. So there’s that. And my long OTB cans, he’ll I couldn’t find anybody that made shit that long, gave him a call and he hooked it up so I can’t complain.
This ones in black multicam, can is 1.8x5.25
13334DE5-FB49-4C5B-A598-5CC3363C89C6.jpeg

I have a Silencerco high temp cover as well as a brand new Armageddon Gear high temp cover. The SiCo cover has been on my Omega for a little over 2 years, and has held up well. The only thing I do not like is it moves forward during shooting strings. I have to pull it back every 8-10 rounds.
The Armageddon Gear cover goes on in a way that it cannot move forward during shooting. I have not used it yet (just got it last week for my newer can) but my buddy has had his for over 3 years, so I know it’ll be good.
I know they are expensive, but a good cover should last quite a while. If your can is direct thread attachment, I would recommend the Armageddon Gear cover. If you have a QD Mount, you may want something different as the AG covers the rear end of the can which is where your QD lockup system will be.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Cole-Tac HTP. How many mags, I don't know. But I don't dump mag after mag if hardly ever.

This high temperature suppressor cover was carefully designed to withstand the temperatures that are reached during full auto rates of fire. The inner layer is rated the 3000°F, the middle layer is rated to 1800°F, and the top Cordura nylon layer is good up to about 600°F. With that being said, just because a layer is rated to a certain temperature, it does not mean that in will insulate the heat to that point. What this means is that if for example the suppressor is brought up to a temperature of 1500°F, the first two layers will be just fine. If the suppressor is kept at temperature for an extended time, the heat starts to dissipate through the first two layers and will eventually bring the temperature of the Cordura shell above it’s rated temperature. This would take an extreme amount of firing, but it can be done. Where we have seen issues in the past is with 5.56/.223 rifles that have barrel lengths under 14″. The amount of heat generated in the suppressor itself can quickly get the temperatures above their rated levels.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Any nylon shelled cover will melt at some point. You can only hold the heat back for so long. The one we had melt did so after 4-30 round full auto 5.56 mags. So we recommend cooling after 3 mags.

Really though if that’s the kind of shooting you are doing you should get a polymer cover that will not melt. I use ours on my fun guns with no problem but I don’t dump mag after mag. 99% of people who pay for their own guns and suppressors are not going to go hard enough to damage our covers.

RifleKuhl is the most effective way IMHO. Sliding the cover off the can doesn’t do much to displace heat. The RifleKuhl probably cuts cooling time about 50%. There are several similar products. I even stuck my cordless shop vac on the end of my can for a while before I got the RifleKuhl:ROFLMAO:
Ummm a friend wants to know what size shopvac worked best

Ummm a friend wants to know what size shopvac worked best
I just used my milwaukee cordless...not sure I'd be brave enough to show up at a public range with it but it worked great on the back porch.

I just used my milwaukee cordless...not sure I'd be brave enough to show up at a public range with it but it worked great on the back porch.

I take my Milwaukee cordless fan to the range. Cuts down on cooling time quite a bit.
Can also be handy to blow the mirage off the can and barrel away before it hits your line of sight.

+1 for Bowers here. They just work, and will never melt.
Only issue I had was sig cans aren't quite 1.625, more like 1.55 so the 1.5" fit better and didn't move while the 1.625" would slowly slide around.

I just got in a pair of Armageddon Gear high temp covers for my Maverick, and I have used their standard ones for years without any issues. AG gets my vote and dollar every time.

I use the precision underground. I put 300 rounds down range this past week and it exceeded my expectations. Never got hot and cool down was quick. I also have the high temp Armageddon gear and it’s great as well. Mine slides over my TB 338ba fits right and doesn’t slide off. Both are recommended

These are some pics that I just took of mine. The black is the precision underground and the tan is the Armageddon Gear. I personally like the PU better but it’s also the Kevlar version. Never seems to get hot while my AG did. I think it’s just the regular version? It’s almost ten years old now and I can’t seem to remember. I bought it from TBAC when I got my suppressor.
0C4E9892-21C3-4873-9E9E-18915C019F2A.jpeg
D2D4CFBC-1D77-488B-800F-6D27EDBC9FC4.jpeg
01E07E6D-0F90-4866-9D9A-3AEDD2A79CA0.jpeg

Last edited: