• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor for LMT 12 piston AR15?

Doug Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2007
Coral Springs Fl
Looking into putting a suppressor on my LMT 12" piston AR15 223. Not sure if there is room for a OD type suppressor mount if the suppressor over laps the barrel past the OD mount? Was looking at AAC M4 2000. Does anyone have any experience with this barrel setup? I am sure I can put a suppressor that simply threads on the barrel but not interested in that unless there is no other way. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Take a look at the amount of room. Not sure what is needed for room.
http://www.lmtstore.com/bolts-carriers-groups/barrels/12-cqb-piston-barrel-assembly.html

Re: Suppressor for LMT 12 piston AR15?

The TBAC 223A is an awesome thread on can.
I would also consider the AAC M4-2000 or the Surefire 212 for QD they will clear the gas system on the LMT

So you believe that the AAC M4 2000 will clear the gas system? Have you seen this done? Surefire are very nice but more than I want to spend.

An M4-2000 with clear if you use the BRAKEOUT mount. They add about 1/4" of clearance.

So either the brakeout flash hider or brakeout muzzle comp either one? Thanks for the help!!

There is only one brakeout mount. It is a brake and flash hider all in one....

Got ya. You are refering to the 51T BRAKEOUT model? Got mistaken with the blackout vs brakeout. Thanks again, always ask guys on the "Hide" when I am not sure. Tons of knowledge here!

I have a LMT 12 piston gun and I run a M42K with the brake mount and it is a great setup. No issues with the setup. Clearance is fine. One problem is that once the mount is on it is tricky to remove the piston because when you pull the piston out it touches the teeth on the mount. If you are careful it can be done without touching but it is tricky!

^^^This. I have an AAC M4-1000 that I used on the LMT MRP CQB with the 18 tooth brake. It was a bit of a pain to remove the piston rod. It was easier to remove the barrel than to get the rod out. I now use a Gemtech Quicksand with the bi-lock. However, I miss running a brake on it though.

Running it suppressed will get the gun very dirty. You will need to be able to clean the piston every now and then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pinky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a LMT 12 piston gun and I run a M42K with the brake mount and it is a great setup. No issues with the setup. Clearance is fine. One problem is that once the mount is on it is tricky to remove the piston because when you pull the piston out it touches the teeth on the mount. If you are careful it can be done without touching but it is tricky! </div></div>

This is why I recommended not going with the brake. The Brakeout will give you a bit more clearance and allow you to not have to get "tricky" when removing the piston rod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug Kelley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got ya. You are refering to the 51T BRAKEOUT model? Got mistaken with the blackout vs brakeout. Thanks again, always ask guys on the "Hide" when I am not sure. Tons of knowledge here! </div></div>

Well..... going back and looking at mine. I would have to say the brakeout will be ok but the Blackout it the only one with the 1/4" extension behind the teeth. The only downside to them is they will give off a slight ping when being shot. Kind of annoying but you get used to it after awhile.

I went with the Surefire Mini on the exact same gun using the standard SF brake. It is very close, But I can remove the piston rod for cleaning etc. When the collar locks up for securing the can, it is also very close for clearance to the gas port regulator, but it works. Great gun and suppressor combo in my experience.

Edit - I need to double check the brake I am using. May be the SF brake that has an extended collar. The suppressor had previously been installed on a 10.4" HK416 and the brake used in that scenario was a special order Surefire unit that gives the can a tad more clearance for the gas block.