• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor for P22

Re: Suppressor for P22

You wont ever get complete silence, its simply not going to happen. Real life isnt hollyweird.

With that being said I run an AAC pilot.

I have a silencerco sparrow. Quiet as they come. You can shoot the crap out of it and take it apart with no problems. Most rugged can on the market imho.

i have heard really good things about SRT arms .22 cal cans. I believe there are few youtube videos showcasing their suppressors

The essence of liberty made by liberty suppressors is a great can. I have dealt with them many times and there customer service is top notch.

I vote for Sparrow
P22Sparrow.jpg

Well according to suppressor news the DUSK is what you will want. They CLAIM 42+ Db reductions. I vote for the sparrow as close as it gets to movie quiet.

I have a Gemtech OutbackII on my walther and love it. The new ones are user serviceable too.

Thanks! havnt heard of the Dusk! will check it out! Found a video by a CBass that compares outback and sparrow on youtube! Nice

I really like the AWC Titan Three in titanium. Very light and very quiet with RWS subsonics.

mcgear17.jpg

Another vote for the silencerco sparrow. Give super calibri ammo a try, only hear the firing pin and it impacting the target.

SS Sparrow. the P22 is a great host btw. make sure you get a Gen 2 SS Sparrow, now the outer tube is Stainless as well and not carbon steel like the Gen 1's. they still have the stainless 1/2 tubes and the core. but it would be nice to be able to dip the entire can.

Another vote for the Sparrow. The clamshell design allows it to be taken apart very easily even after heavy use.

Do any of you have any blowback issues when running the P22 with a suppressor ?

I have an AAC Aviator on mine and it will throw powder back in my face every time I pull the trigger. End of a shooting session my front shirt pockets will be full of powder :|

Same suppressor works perfectly on a Savage MK-II where it is now resides permanently due to the Walther blowback issue I have. . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Volt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another vote for the silencerco sparrow. Give super calibri ammo a try, only hear the firing pin and it impacting the target. </div></div>

Agree! You will have to rack the slide each time with the colibri ammo. The chickens don't mind when I shoot this in the coop and the neighbor keeps working in her garden.

SWR Spectre and SilencerCo Sparrow SS are two of the top rated .22LR cans. They both can be cleaned via the "dip" method. The Sparrow gets my nod for ease of cleaning, but the Spectre lacks the first round pop (FRP) of the Sparrow. Some of the newer take down 9mm cans (e.g., SWR Octane 9 HD) would do very well on a fixed barrel, but might not allow some semi-autos to cycle.

I would never buy a .22LR can that couldn't be user serviced.

Jake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackrifleops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Set up mooner! I wanna hear the slide only! </div></div>
<span style="color: #000099">Mount it on a ruger and hold the bolt closed with your thumb and not hear the slide.</span>