• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor for Precision Bolt Action Rifle

pnorris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2012
I have a Griffin Armament 30SD that I use on my semi. The question is whether this sort of suppressor is ideal for a precision rifle, or would I be better off with something else. For example, should I get a direct thread? Will it potentially affect accuracy. I am lucky enough that I just picked up an Accuracy International AX 308, short action. I will also get a creedmoor barrel once I can revive my CC.

Why not just strap it onto the AX and test it?

Agreed. Throw that bad boy on and test with it on and off and let us know how it works out for you. The suppressor on your rifle is going to work a lot better than the one in jail for the next 10 months!

Reactions: Supersubes
Buy something brake attached. Then buy additional brakes to easily move a new can (Thunderbeast) across rifles.

Reactions: Vandoogle13
Buy something brake attached. Then buy additional brakes to easily move a new can (Thunderbeast) across rifles.

I wouldn't rule out going the direct thread route.

However, I agree with the above. May as well try what you currently have. Only way to know if it's going to work for your needs, as long as it's rated for the cartridge you plan on using it with.

Good point guys. I think I will shoot it first with just the thread protector, followed by the brake only, and then the suppressor and compare. This suppressor is not a direct thread. Common sense prevails again.