• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor for Sig Sauer Mosquito

Re: Suppressor for Sig Sauer Mosquito

i am def a fan of the take apart .22 cans...BUT the Outback II is very noticeably quieter than the SilencerCo Sparrow.

+1 what cbass said, you can take apart the sparrow, but the gemtech outbackII is smaller, lighter and quieter, and when it fills up with residue just soak it.

Run an AAC Element. Take it apart about every 500 rounds for a 2 hr. bath in the ultrasonic cleaner.

Aviator with 4 thousand rounds still sounds better than ever. Outback is smaller, Silencerco is quiet, YHM mite is quiet and cheap. Try a Gemtech Alpine, they are new. They use the tech of the outback and come apart.

I love my YHM Mite. It's on a P22 most of the time. A little bit of water does wonders to make it even quieter
smile.gif

So far I like my YHM Mite as well. Good bang for the buck for $225. It has a nice adaptor that makes it easy to take a part and clean. I also have it on a Walther P22. But I will be getting a threaded barrel for the CZ Kadet.

I have not tried using any water yet though.

You won't be disappointed with the YHM Mite, SWR spectre, or the AAC element.

The Mite, other than being stainless and capable of being taken apart to clean is simply not a good choice. It is louder, especially with the first round. It is functional and works better on a pistol than it does on a rifle. It is cheaper than many...but it is still loud as suppressors go....

I have a outback II, aac pilot, and swr spectre that I have used on the mosquito. I like the spectre because I can take it apart and clean it although it is much heavier than the pilot or outback II. The pilot and outback II are pretty close sound wise to each other so I would probably say check with your closest dealer and see what he carries as far as a sealed can goes. If your only buying one I would say buy a take apart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Mite, other than being stainless and capable of being taken apart to clean is simply not a good choice. It is louder, especially with the first round. It is functional and works better on a pistol than it does on a rifle. It is cheaper than many...but it is still loud as suppressors go.... </div></div>

Forgot to mention that it's full auto capable too
smile.gif

I've been running a Outback II on my Mosquito. I also have a Sparrow that is waiting on paperwork from ATF.

On the Outback, it can be sent in to Gemtech for cleaning. If you do this you can request that they don't seal the ends. This makes it into a take apart can.

I went with SWR Spectre. While not the lightest or quietest can out there it is very nice. The main reason I chose the Spectre is because it will handle 22LR, 22MAG, 17HMR and FN's 5.7 round. I figured this gave me a bit more flexibility. The can also comes apart easily for cleaning.