• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor for Tikka T3 7mm Mag?

Abq-Defense

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
Albuquerque, NM U.S.A.
I have a Tikka T3 7mm Mag with the fluted stainless barrel. I want to get a suppressor for it and hope the good folks here could help me out.

1) Do they make 7mm Mag suppressors, or should I get a 308 suppressor?

2) I will need to get the barrel threaded. What sort of shop would do this work? A local gunsmith?

3) Are there any specific suppressors that you recommend for this caliber?

Re: Suppressor for Tikka T3 7mm Mag?

I have a T3 that I want to suppress as well eventually, so I am interested in the responses. I have never noticed a 7mm caliber specific suppressor, but they may exist. I would think any quality 308 can would work if it were magnum rated. As for threading the barrel, I contacted the guys at TBAC , and their shop will thread. I have a 30P-1 on the way, and trust the guys at TBAC with the job - those guys are top notch. My concern would be on the barrel size, the muzzle end of my T3 seems marginal to thread for 5/8, and I have a thread on can on the way. That said, a better option may be a QD mount with 1/2 or 9/16 threads.

Don't discount the BA Zak mentioned, the mount might be better given the muzzle diameter. I bought my 30P-1 primarily for another rifle with a heavier barrel, not my Tikka.

Either way, just trust the advice of the guys at TBAC.

OK, now I just need to determine of the Tikka T3 Lite Stainless barrel can be threaded to 5/8-24 standard, and by whom?

Thanks...

Merry Christmas!

I just asked this question about 2 threads down from yours.
smile.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2990222#Post2990222

I have a Tikka T3 lite in .243 and was wondering whether or not the barrel had enough meat to hold 5/8 x 24 threads and I was informed that I should have the barrel threaded to 9/16 x 24 and then use an adapter to convert to 5/8 x 24. OR Get the 30BA like the Claudesapp and Zak said.

The 2 places I was told to look for adapters was Tros USA and DBMG LLC. As for smiths to thread your barrel I am unsure, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Hope this helps!

Sean

30BA

If I were buying a suppressor specifically for my Tikka I'd have bought the 30BA, but I bought the 30P-1 because it is going to be on my Remington 700 95% of the time.

Reactions: IDMilton