• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor for TRG-22

wkrutledge

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
Looking into a suppressor for My TRG-22 .308. I am curious as to the affects on accuracy both short and long range. I currently have a 26" barrell and may cut down to 20". Also, what kind of recoil reduction can I expect. Any recomendations on cans would be nice as well!

Re: Suppressor for TRG-22

Have an A tec TMM-4 on my Steyr Elite 08. This is a 'modular' silencer. ie you can add or remove baffle units as you like. - it is also a 'telecoping' unit, where the initial expansion chamber goes backwards arround the barrel.

Recoil reduction...at least as good as the original 3 port muzzle break.

Accuracy- since that was what this rifle was for...I experimented with different number of baffles. Came down to the minimum (base unit/main expansion chamber + end unit) this gives me one internal break, a big expansion chamber, then a baffle, a small chamber and then the end cap. 10 shots into 1.8" at 300m with Norma dimond line ammo (calm day). Worst group with one intermediate baffle as 2.8" and with all baffles in place was about as good as the shortest option (but then gun didn't fit in gun cabinet or carry case).

Not the quietest option, but no dust signature, good break effect and quiet enough to shoot on an out door range with having to have ear muffs. (about as load as a .22 revolver now)

Unfortunately ganyana's can is probably not going to pass the litmus test with the ATF.

I know there's a lot of guys on here running the YHM's on their TRG-22's.

Why would ATF have a problem? Sorry, I am not familiar with all the regs with getting a suppressor. I like the idea of a suppressor that recesses around the barrel though. Anyone have any experience with the SAS-LLC suppressors?

The modular suppressor that he has is definetly not legal here in the states. If you want an over the barrel design I would go with an OPS inc can http://www.opsinc.us/category.php@catId=30.html They make an outstanding product ,but you will most likely have to have your barrel modified for their cans.

AAC Cyclone. Period. The current king of .308 cans. The only downside is it's 9.5" long which will make for a lengthy rifle if you leave it at 26" of barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC Cyclone. Period. The current king of .308 cans. The only downside is it's 9.5" long which will make for a lengthy rifle if you leave it at 26" of barrel. </div></div>

After shooting a few cans and reading test results the AAC Cyclone is what my 22 is gonna wear once the form 4 arrives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wkrutledge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would ATF have a problem? Sorry, I am not familiar with all the regs with getting a suppressor. I like the idea of a suppressor that recesses around the barrel though. Anyone have any experience with the SAS-LLC suppressors? </div></div>

PM blanksguns here on the Hide and ask how the SAS cans work.
I own several......all good to go.

Look at the 30p from Thunderbeast. It's a great sounding can and it's LIGHT. PM Raydog(one of the owners) and I'm sure he'll be more than willing to talk to you about them.

I am running a SAS on my 22 and like it a lot. I have 2 of the bushing models and both std and metric thread bushings to fit. Recoil is about the same as the Sako break and I see no difference in group sizes.
I have been trying for about 5 months to get a bushing for my AR as I would love to run my can on it but after PMs,e-mails and the lady on the phone at SASs number, I still haven't been able to get another bushing. So you can take that for what it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Shark and Tigershark from JDW are quite nice.</div></div>

Best on the market, and made in Texas! Give David at Shark a call.