• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors suppressor help for newby question

Atti_Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
TX
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I was wondering if I can use a 300 blk suppressor on my Kriss Vector .45? So I will not need a buy 2 suppressor for my 300 blk & .223 AR-15 and for my Vector?</span>

I had to edit my question, because I have been told , I can't do that, but I can use a .45 suppressor on both. What brand are you guys recommend ?
SWR Octane or Osprey or Blackside-45 or any other?
I have a 10.5 " 1:8 twist AR-Stoner Stainless steel barrel on my 300 blk.

Re: suppressor help for newby question

Most likely, your .300BO Suppressor is .30cal. You cannot shoot a .45 thru a .30

You can use your .30cal for .223

I just read on AR-15 website :
"I have a few SBRs in .300Blk. I have a 10.25 that I have been running a .45 Osprey on and it sounds phenomeonal" ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qkJxXmvj6w

I had to edit my question, because I have been told , I can't do that, but I can use a .45 suppressor on both. What brand are you guys recommend ?
SWR Octane or Osprey or Blackside-45 or any other?
I have a 10.5 " 1:8 twist AR-Stoner Stainless steel barrel on my 300 blk.

So , someone can answer ?

Any name-brand 45 can will be ok with sub 300blk. I would go with the Osprey, the TiRant or the M2Cobra, all in 45. Any of those will cover the dual purpose role (pistol up to 45 and 300Blk). The M2 isn't the quietest, but will come apart for cleaning. The other two are top of the line and crazy quiet for 45. Those 3 are all I seem to sell here in WY (for 45), FWIW.

Any pistol suppressor that is overbore for 300 BLK will handle subs. Company may not honor warranty if you have an issues, though. Gem-tech says their 9mm cans are good for sub 300, but I'm not sure if the manufacturers you're looking at will stand behind 300 blk usage.

i would recommend a 45 osprey for the time being but would also advise to get a dedicated 30 cal can down the road so it can be used on supersonic 300 blk,308,223 etc

Just got the Osprey for $818 at the local shop
smile.gif
Doing paperwork and will wait 6-8 month to the papers.I heard a rumor about we will not need trust for family members anymore, is any news about this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A MAGYAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got the Osprey for $818 at the local shop
smile.gif
Doing paperwork and will wait 6-8 month to the papers.I heard a rumor about we will not need trust for family members anymore, is any news about this? </div></div>

What do you mean won't need a trust for family members anymore?

I read somewhere some changes about a law will change for silencers , I have to look it up.

There are changes coming for Trusts/LLC/Corps but no change about family members, they still have to be in the trust with the new addition of fingerprints and mugshots for all in it as well.

I found a person in TX who does trust for $300, if any of you interested send me a pm, and will give his email. He did many gun trust, and doing mine now.