• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Help Please, is it that easy?

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
I plan to use my state welfare check in Oct if it contains large enough coin for a suppressor for my GAP 308 and trying to get INTEL.

Is it really that easy? I send money with my info and the suppressor I want to Maj Malfunction, paper work is done by them, they send the muffler to my class 3.

Does it solely depend on the state? For some reason, I was told I needed a class and to register for Alaska.

If I move down to the states, how does this effect me with one in another state bought here? Shipping it to myself or class 3 again?

Anything more INTEL passed will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Re: Suppressor Help Please, is it that easy?

check to see if the intended state of residence or travel is can freindly if so, that is OK...
if it is not there are problems with transport in and through the prohibitive states...
not sure of what to do about that, I am just going to keep my can out of those crap bowl states that do not love me and my equipment..
your class three dealer should be able to advise you .. if not I would search for another with the education to get it done correctly and quickly and to advise me... it is not hard..
go to the sites of the distributors and click on the FAQ for lists of states lists of local dealers etc.
I am not that familiar, I just know you want some feed back fast so this is a start.. the folks here are super ..and experienced..
dk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan to use my state welfare check in Oct if it contains large enough coin for a suppressor for my GAP 308 and trying to get INTEL.

Is it really that easy? I send money with my info and the suppressor I want to Maj Malfunction, paper work is done by them, they send the muffler to my class 3.

Does it solely depend on the state? For some reason, I was told I needed a class and to register for Alaska.

If I move down to the states, how does this effect me with one in another state bought here? Shipping it to myself or class 3 again?

Thanks guys. </div></div>

Call Yog at Great Northen Guns in Anchorage (907-563-3006) He has it down. Call him, he can walk you through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan to use my state welfare check ........</div></div>
You are kidding, right? Or is that some sort of slang for the 'refund' check Alaska issues - excess oil tax revenues?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I move down to the states, .... </div></div>
How long have you lived in Alaska. I thought it was a state?
smile.gif

Thanks to the Army, I've been to Alaska and lived in Hawaii. One way to get into trouble is to mention something about "the states". It was "the mainland" or "the lower 48" or some such.

I plan to use my state welfare check in Oct if it contains large enough coin for a suppressor for my GAP 308 and trying to get INTEL.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Yes!Especially if you use the Maj. </span>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Yes,Federal law allows you to own certain Class III items as long as you abide by any law or provisions your state has adopted. </span>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Well,first off,you need to find out if the state your moving in allows you to own them and shoot them and if you do move you need to notify the BATFE either in writing or a Form ??5320?? </span>

Thanks guys.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Before you embark on this fun little ditty please be sure to know and follow all of your local(state) laws in regards to ownership of NFA items.IIRC Alaska is an NFA freindly state but dont take my word for it. </span>

Talked to a local guy today who just ordered his. Sent his money and info to AWC, told about 4 months will be sent to Alaska Tactical here. Will contact Maj Mal and Steve at Alaska Tac to get squared away. Wanted a little INTEL first.

I was mostly concerned about moving and getting it from here to Montana. Not sure about state to state transfer. Guess I will figure it out when that time comes. If its just a form, not problem but I thought I may have to go through the process again.

Not a fan of GNG anymore, use to trade there until......I trade with Cop Shop & Mtn View mostly.

Lived here for many many years, I remember major dirt roads in Anchorage, its not what it use to be.

Thanks.

Just don't drive it from Alaska to Montana.

I suspect the Canadians would take a very dim view.

You could check with them. Maybe in a sealed box that they check when you exit their country.

It is just a 5320.20 form to send the feds your new address, but Montana may have requirements that AK does not.

i.e. Missouri requires you to have a C&R FFL to own title II (NFA) items. Not many states require them.

What can are you getting? I'm thinking about doing the same exact thing with my dividend. I'm trying to read up now so I can buy once.

JP