• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Suppressor mirage prs

DangerRanger

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2018
East
My buddy is coming with me to a prs match and I’m trying to decide if I should bring the can or not. We are not competitive, just having a good time.

If I do, I’d be buying an armageaddon gear cover, previously I ran it uncovered and would see some mirage toward the last shots in the real heat of the day.

He is sharing my rifle so every stage will see 2 rounds of firing. My load is a 140 @ 2860 with rl26. Seems like a decent amount of heat to me

I’m mostly trying to figure out if I bring the can even with the AG cover are we going to be struggling with mirage with that firing schedule? The rifle balances better with the can but I could buy weights I guess. I enjoy shooting a lot more supressed.

AG cover isn't that great shielding mirage. My buddy hated his, he switched to the supressor chap. I use a burn proof gear cover, been happy with mine.

Reactions: DangerRanger
I wouldn't run a can either but if you do just do like Burt said. I have used a TAB Gear cover on my cans for years and used them in matches years ago and they worked fine at cutting mirage.

At the WAR 2 day only 2 people cleaned/ finished the 12 position barricade and 1 of them was running a can.

ABBD4896-5FC1-42E7-BCD6-18A33BE5ABAB.jpeg

Thanks guys, I ordered a rifles only. Not concerned about where I place, I just do it for fun. Glad to see it shouldn’t hinder me too much either way

Reactions: BurtG
My buddy is coming with me to a prs match and I’m trying to decide if I should bring the can or not. We are not competitive, just having a good time.

If I do, I’d be buying an armageaddon gear cover, previously I ran it uncovered and would see some mirage toward the last shots in the real heat of the day.

He is sharing my rifle so every stage will see 2 rounds of firing. My load is a 140 @ 2860 with rl26. Seems like a decent amount of heat to me

I’m mostly trying to figure out if I bring the can even with the AG cover are we going to be struggling with mirage with that firing schedule? The rifle balances better with the can but I could buy weights I guess. I enjoy shooting a lot more supressed.
Bringing the suppressor with an Armageddon Gear cover should help mitigate mirage, especially during sustained firing. If you prefer shooting suppressed and it improves rifle balance, it's a good choice for an enjoyable PRS match experience.

I got a rifles only MAD and did some practice with it yesterday and had no issues shooting 10 rounds, few minute pause and then 10 more.

Maybe towards the end of the day it will be an issue but I’m feeling pretty good about it