• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor Mount Suggestions

dexhwk

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2022
Iowa
So here is my issue. I have a Hybrid 46m on order but am stuck on which mounting system to go with. My 450 bm has threads of 5/8x32 which I can't find a muzzle break for to use DA Keymo. I have a 350L with threads of 5/8x24 which I'm struggling to find a ASR muzzle break for Sico ASR mount. I've looked into thread adapters which I don't seem to find anything positive about. I'm a C5 quad so I'm trying to keep this as simplistic as I possibly can which I think might be keymo but already have the ASR mount. This is my first suppressor so please forgive my ignorance.

So here is my issue. I have a Hybrid 46m on order but am stuck on which mounting system to go with. My 450 bm has threads of 5/8x32 which I can't find a muzzle break for to use DA Keymo. I have a 350L with threads of 5/8x24 which I'm struggling to find a ASR muzzle break for Sico ASR mount. I've looked into thread adapters which I don't seem to find anything positive about. I'm a C5 quad so I'm trying to keep this as simplistic as I possibly can which I think might be keymo but already have the ASR mount. This is my first suppressor so please forgive my ignorance.
How about this...which will work with the SilencerCo Hybrid46.

Attachments

• 458-Suppressor-Brake_5-8x32.jpg
    458-Suppressor-Brake_5-8x32.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 14
How about this...which will work with the SilencerCo Hybrid46.
That will work but will it affect accuracy being a bit bigger then the .350?

That is a question I do not have an answer to. I would hope the accuracy would not be affected much, but there is the possibility of 'some.' Maybe a call/email to SilencerCo to ask is in order?
Ill be doing that as soon as I can. Guess I always assumed the muzzle needs to match but researching it might not affect it that much considering Im shooting 200 yards at most in typical hunting situations.

Reactions: USK308
Ill be doing that as soon as I can. Guess I always assumed the muzzle needs to match but researching it might not affect it that much considering Im shooting 200 yards at most in typical hunting situations.
As long as you can hit a 4-6" box from that distance, you will likely be in good shape, regardless! :LOL:

When I saw your post, I thought of the ASR muzzle brake as I thought I had seen the 5/8x32 thread pitch at one point. I have these on almost all my rifles (have a Remington 700 SPS in .308 that is just a good ol' regular hunting rifle), even my M4 (with a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter red-locktighted on the muzzle).

Here you go bud... This may help solve all you problems... Just screw this on after cleaning all the threads and putting some Rocksett on them, and torquing it to your barrel. Let it sit overnight and cure, then do the same thing and time your regular 5/8-24 keymo muzzle brake.

I had to put a 1" adapter on my 7.5" Springfield Saint 5.56 pistol, to be able to run it suppressed, and it turned out perfect. Checked with an alignment rod, and it's dead-on straight. As long as you buy a high-quality adapter and install it properly, and your barrels threads were cut straight, then you shouldnt' have any issues.

IMG_1753.jpeg
IMG_1752.jpeg
IMG_1747.jpeg
IMG_1749.jpeg
IMG_1755.jpeg

Reactions: dexhwk and USK308
Here you go bud... This may help solve all you problems... Just screw this on after cleaning all the threads and putting some Rocksett on them, and torquing it to your barrel. Let it sit overnight and cure, then do the same thing and time your regular 5/8-24 keymo muzzle brake.

This is really what I want to do as it’s the easiest. Heard it can add a tang sound and affect tolerances?

This is really what I want to do as it’s the easiest. Heard it can add a tang sound?
Not sure what they’re talking about, but I suppose anything is possible? 🤷🏼 I’ve never noticed any weird sounds with mine. The only sounds I’ve noticed are it being a whole lot quieter… 😏👍🏼

This is really what I want to do as it’s the easiest. Heard it can add a tang sound and affect tolerances?

There's so much FUD lore...

You already bought the can. Nothing to do now but try it.

I'm one of those guys that's runs pretty much direct thread. If you'd believe some I should have tons of issues, and there's been absolutely zero.

Not sure what they’re talking about, but I suppose anything is possible? 🤷🏼 I’ve never noticed any weird sounds with mine. The only sounds I’ve noticed are it being a whole lot quieter… 😏👍🏼
Haha that’s awesome. I think I might try that as keymo is probably my best option

Reactions: FuhQ
There's so much FUD lore...

You already bought the can. Nothing to do now but try it.

I'm one of those guys that's runs pretty much direct thread. If you'd believe some I should have tons of issues, and there's been absolutely zero.
I have thought about this route but I think I like the idea of a muzzle on my barrel just in case

I have thought about this route but I think I like the idea of a muzzle on my barrel just in case

Just in case you beat it against the floor?

They have thread protectors for that.

You can also just leave the can screwed on. Never understood those that take it off constantly for no reason.

Just in case you beat it against the floor?

They have thread protectors for that.

You can also just leave the can screwed on. Never understood those that take it off constantly for no reason.
I like to shoot multiple calibers when practicing and with being a c5 quad others typically handle my rifles too so it’s an ease of mind thing for me

I like to shoot multiple calibers when practicing and with being a c5 quad others typically handle my rifles too so it’s an ease of mind thing for me

Hate to tell you this, but if they can screw up threading on a can to 5/8-24, you need to find better help! They can also screw up any other thread pattern. That part is irrelevant.

Buy the ASR devices. Buy a hub mount in 5/8-32.

Doesn't matter what you do, if you have competent help nothing will ever get screwed up. If you have idiots, everything will get broken. Same as running a business.

Reactions: long range sponge

I had to put a 1" adapter on my 7.5" Springfield Saint 5.56 pistol, to be able to run it suppressed, and it turned out perfect. Checked with an alignment rod, and it's dead-on straight. As long as you buy a high-quality adapter and install it properly, and your barrels threads were cut straight, then you shouldnt' have any issues.

View attachment 8309162View attachment 8309163View attachment 8309166View attachment 8309165View attachment 8309164
Looks really good!! Do you think tacking it on the barrel is a good option or simply just use rocksett?

Looks really good!! Do you think tacking it on the barrel is a good option or simply just use rocksett?
I wouldn’t weld anything. Just a good sized drop of Rocksett on the cleaned threads, torque it on there pretty good by hand (just a wrench, no power tools), and let the adapter sit overnight and cure. Then the next day install the muzzle brake, and let that cure for another 24 hours before installing the suppressor or shooting it.

Reactions: dexhwk
I wouldn’t weld anything. Just a good sized drop of Rocksett on the cleaned threads, torque it on there pretty good by hand (just a wrench, no power tools), and let the adapter sit overnight and cure. Then the next day install the muzzle brake, and let that cure for another 24 hours before installing the suppressor or shooting it.
Awesome I’m going to go this route

Before shooting it, I would also recommend purchasing an alignment rod, and checking alignment before ever pulling the trigger with the suppressor on there.
Yeah looking into them. Need 4 from what I understand so trying to find an option that won’t break the bank.

Yeah looking into them. Need 4 from what I understand so trying to find an option that won’t break the bank.
Accuracy Solutions is affordable and quality. I have a few of them, as well as a few Surefire/Geissele rods too. The Surefire ones cost about $20 more than the AS rods. But the quality is the same.

.450 Bushmaster was designed to use the same .452" diameter bullets as .45 ACP/.45LC/.454 Cussull, so a .45 ACP alignment rod works perfect.

Accuracy Solutions is affordable and quality. I have a few of them, as well as a few Surefire/Geissele rods too. The Surefire ones cost about $20 more than the AS rods. But the quality is the same.

.450 Bushmaster was designed to use the same .452" diameter bullets as .45 ACP/.45LC/.454 Cussull, so a .45 ACP alignment rod works perfect.

You suggest doing this to all guns or just the one with the adapter?

Fresh rocksett and correct torque is what you seek. An over-torqued muzzle device is one of the most common and easily avoided detriment to accuracy.

This might be a dumb question. Can I buy my keymo mount now without my stamp. Read anything that’s associated to an actual suppressor can be nono. I think I can but want to be sure.