• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor on a Glock 44 . . . do you need a Neilson Device/Booster/Piston???

wyliecoyote

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2018
North Dakota
I'm a bit new to suppressors here so bear with me. From what I know so far, pistols that have tipping barrels require a Neilson device, booster, or a piston to separate the mass of the suppressor from the moving barrel. The Glock 44 (22 LR) that I'm trying to mount an AAC Prodigy (~1" rimfire can, purchased for $99 promo) to has a tipping barrel, but would a 22 LR need a Neilson device, booster, or piston? Does it produce enough recoil to damage the can as the barrel tips during cycling? I haven't attached the can yet or shot this configuration since I don't want to break anything.

Glock 44 barrel actually doesn’t tip like a normal Glock. It’s just designed to look like it does for design consistency. A normal 22 suppressor will work fine.

Im a Glock armorer and this was discussed at length.

One piece of advice is the 44 likes ammo on the hotter end of the spectrum until it’s broken in and the recoil spring loosens up.

Reactions: Gtscotty
Glock 44 barrel actually doesn’t tip like a normal Glock. It’s just designed to look like it does for design consistency. A normal 22 suppressor will work fine.

Im a Glock armorer and this was discussed at length.

One piece of advice is the 44 likes ammo on the hotter end of the spectrum until it’s broken in and the recoil spring loosens up.
Awesome, thanks again! Exactly the expertise I was looking for. I must have missed the original discussion in my search here on the Hide. Frank mentioned some updates coming in the way of user interface for the site on a podcast a few weeks ago.

I've been shooting full power supersonic ammo without a suppressor so far and the only issue I've had is the cheap Remington Thunderbolt leading up the barrel excessively. My guess there is incompatibility the polygonal rifling. I've since switched over to better jacketed/plated stuff and no issues. It'll be cool with a can installed and then maybe some experiments with sub-sonic.

Awesome, thanks again! Exactly the expertise I was looking for. I must have missed the original discussion in my search here on the Hide. Frank mentioned some updates coming in the way of user interface for the site on a podcast a few weeks ago.

I've been shooting full power supersonic ammo without a suppressor so far and the only issue I've had is the cheap Remington Thunderbolt leading up the barrel excessively. My guess there is incompatibility the polygonal rifling. I've since switched over to better jacketed/plated stuff and no issues. It'll be cool with a can installed and then maybe some experiments with sub-sonic.

The discussion I was referring to was internal Glock communications. However, you’re definitely good to go.

Out of the box that gun favors 40g and heavier projectiles that are loaded hotter. CCI and Federal work best. They participated in the development and pre-release testing so their stuff we know works well.

CCI Clean-22 Subsonic and American Eagle Suppressor both are good to go on the subsonic front.

I personally prefer the copper jacketed and poly coated offerings because they’re a lot less to deal with during cleaning in both the gun and the suppressor.

Ah, that's probably why I didn't find it in the search results. Thanks for the ammo recommendations. I've got a brick or two of CCI so I'll stick with that and see if I can find those two sub-sonics. Certainly a cool little pistol for just over $300.

Ah, that's probably why I didn't find it in the search results. Thanks for the ammo recommendations. I've got a brick or two of CCI so I'll stick with that and see if I can find those two sub-sonics. Certainly a cool little pistol for just over $300.

If you have any questions or run into issues always feel free to PM me. That gun is a blast to shoot.