• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor problem on AR10

Didodadday

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2022
South Carolina
Has anyone experienced feeding problems when using a suppressor on their AR platform? I have a POF AR10 and their website specifically states problems can be encountered when using a suppressor. The gun will fire and the next round will not cycle into the chamber. Tried different ammo.

What suppressor? Probably the gassing of the rifle is the issue

Move the adjustable selector up one (towards the unsuppressed setting). Its not getting enough gas in the full suppressor setting. Your suppressor must not be a high backpressure can. Thats not a bad thing.

Reactions: czgunner
Has anyone experienced feeding problems when using a suppressor on their AR platform? I have a POF AR10 and their website specifically states problems can be encountered when using a suppressor. The gun will fire and the next round will not cycle into the chamber. Tried different ammo.
Was it running properly before you used a suppressor? What position was your AGB in when not using a suppressor?

Keith

Yes the gun was working properly. The rifle has a 3 position gas block. Normal, suppressed and off. I ran it in suppressed and normal. I started with 145 grain ammo and it would not eject the spent casing properly. Went to 175 grain and it ejected properly but would not load the new round. My thought is there's not enough gas to force the bolt back completely so the bolt isn't catching the new round. POFs website says that poor operation can be experienced if using a suppressor.

Yes the gun was working properly. The rifle has a 3 position gas block. Normal, suppressed and off. I ran it in suppressed and normal. I started with 145 grain ammo and it would not eject the spent casing properly. Went to 175 grain and it ejected properly but would not load the new round. My thought is there's not enough gas to force the bolt back completely so the bolt isn't catching the new round. POFs website says that poor operation can be experienced if using a suppressor.
Too much gas or too little gas can cause issues. The fact that you say it didn’t eject the round makes me think not enough gas. But you can have so much gas that the carrier fails to grab a round from the mag bc it’s moving too fast.

Does the carrier feel violent or sluggish when you fire it? When it’s sluggish you can feel it change directions during recoil. When it’s violent it feels like one quick motion.

Edit- if this is a piston system I’m not sure if any of the above will be helpful.