• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Question about SF FA762SS and AAC 762SD

garrett

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
Hi guys, im looking into my first suppressor that I want to get mounted on an LMT MWS 308 with a 16" barrel. My basic question is does anyone with the AAC 762SD know exactly how much it overlaps the barrel? I was talking to Bill (NF Optics Bill) and he has the Surefire can mounted and without cutting the barrel down it mounts pretty much mounts flush with the front of the handguard which is exactly what I want. The outside diameter of the barrel needs to be reduced I understand that but do the SF can and the AAC differ significantly in overlap?

Better yet, anyone HAVE one they can show me?

Re: Suppressor Question about SF FA762SS and AAC 762SD

the AAC 7.62 SD mount does not overlap the barrel at all. It threads on just like your flashider

The SF is a reflex style can. It goes back over the barrel about 3".
The AAC will not overlap at all. Its going to screw right on to your brake and end up flush with the back of the brake's ratchet teeth when fully on.

What's the legality of owning a can in WA? I thought they were a no go?

Own, but not use... for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Own, but not use... for now.

</div></div>

Understood. Hope that changes for them

On that note we might be celebrating soon. There is another thread floating around here addressing this. Basically we are "this close" to passing a bill standardizing our suppressor regulations with that of federal law.

Thats a bummer about the AAC can though... Really trying to minimize added length, any suggestions?

Find an AAC SCAR-H SD suppressor somewhere if you want AAC reflex mount for .30 cal. It's basically the .30 cal version of their SPR-M4 unit. I'd just order an AAC 762SD-N6 from Allen Arms, though, if I were you. I hear you on the looks, though.

The SF can is a nice reflex can but spendy. I have one on my GAP Gladius and while I enjoy the setup and shoot it the most of my rifles... they are a bit high dollar for what you get.

If you want a reflex style can..... thats affordable. Look to the OPS INC 12th Model 30 cal. I just got mine, so far very impressed.