• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor question...

ufgators68

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2009
MS
I feel dumb asking this but I need to know...

If I were to buy a suppressor for a Savage 112bvss 25-06, would it also work for a heavy barrel ar-15? I know the threads would have to the same on both barrels but would the bullet size difference cause trouble? And would one being a bolt gun and the other being semi-auto cause a problem?

I'm pretty sure I could get one suppressor past the old lady but two might cause a problem.

Re: Suppressor question...

i got suppressors that will handle everything that is sub caliber....so my shark can that is rated for .300wm will AND has done everything from .308 ,.223, .260, and even a .22 pistol....with adapters its all good,,,,,heavy but good.

Measuring my M4-2K is .290 at the end cap, it would be to close for my liking.

A better solution would be a .30 cal. can, as this would work on an AR-15 just longer than one designed specifficly.

This way all bases are covered up to .30 cal.

The level of suppresion running .223 in a larger can is still good just a different tone.

Thanks for the help. I had been looking at suppressor sites all morning and found one that was for a 25-06, don't remember the brand name though.

The thing that really had me was one of the sites had a section for bolt guns and one for semi autos. I wasn't sure if there was a major difference that would require another suppressor.

I would use a 30 cal can just incase you want to suppress a 308 or what not.

I would imagine the difference a can designed for full,semi auto vs. bolt is the amount of heat and pressure.

A can designed for full,semi auto work will usually be heavyier than one for a bolt only.

However I have had very good results with an AAC 762sd on my bolt gun.

The quick attach system is very handy regardless of rifle style.