• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor question

madangler1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
I own a Surefire Genesis 7.62, Surefire SOCOM 7.62 and I have an OSS 7.62 in jail right now. If I buy another bolt gun (6.5 Creedmoor), what would you buy? The Genesis is for my 7.62 Tikka, the SOCOM sits on my SCAR and the OSS is for a Polish AKM I will be building.

Surefire specific??? The. 6.5 socom

If not a TBAC
Doesn’t have to be Surefire. I was debating about picking up a 7.62 TBAC for the sake of variety. I want somethingg flexible if I ever need one for 300
Win Mag or 300 PRC. I highly doubt I’ll shoot .338 Lapua any time in the next 20-30 years lol

Reactions: HOOFER
I have a yhm r2 in jail right now that I bought to put on my 6.5 creedmore.
Its rated up to 300 rum so it should be pretty versatile.

I’ve been switching back and forth between TBAC, DeadAir, and Rugged cans more for a little bit. I like and recommend all of them but each has its positives and negatives, just depends on what you want.

Frank has had good things to say about the OSS on a bolt gun. But TBAC is the GOAT bolt gun suppressor. I have a Ultra 9 and Takedown 22, both are phenomenal. The next suppressor I'm getting is a Dominus-SR

What is the life expectancy, round count, of the TBAC 9" cans? I realize it is all Titanium. Surefire (met the big guys at the 2019 NRA Convention) told me point blank Ti is great, but you can get more life out of a traditional Inconel/steel can.

What is the life expectancy, round count, of the TBAC 9" cans? I realize it is all Titanium. Surefire (met the big guys at the 2019 NRA Convention) told me point blank Ti is great, but you can get more life out of a traditional Inconel/steel can.

On a bolt gun you won’t wear one out...

If you did I’m sure they would take care of you anyway.

im not shocked the surefire rep told you that. And why that may be true.

If I were mag dumping or running a belt fed. A surefire/iconel steel can is a no brainer.

My DeadAir Sandman’s perform just as well as my TBAC direct threads in regards to POA/POI shifts...and by that I mean minimal at all. I beat the dog snot out of my Sandman S on everything from my MK18 up to my 300wm and it’s been phenomenal.