• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor rebuild or heavy clean service?

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
So I have an older SWR Omega 30 that is beyond home cleaning and was wondering if there is any legitimate companies offering a suppressor rebuild service (internals) or at least a disassemble and heavy clean service? I tried contacting Silencer Co since they bought out SWR but I've been ignored.

Why do you think its beyond home cleaning? The suppressor companies have been screwing the buyers for ever with welding them so you can't get them apart. Depending what the internal problem is you may be able to do a pretty good job on it yourself. I have 13 suppressors and everyone can be taken down for cleaning. I mostly find carbon which I glass bead blast off the cones and spacers. There are chemicals that will remove powder carbon.

Why do you think its beyond home cleaning? The suppressor companies have been screwing the buyers for ever with welding them so you can't get them apart. Depending what the internal problem is you may be able to do a pretty good job on it yourself. I have 13 suppressors and everyone can be taken down for cleaning. I mostly find carbon which I glass bead blast off the cones and spacers. There are chemicals that will remove powder carbon.

The core itself maybe welded but the ends and main tube aren't on this suppressor.

I've tried several dips and cleaning styles and I'm still getting large random carbon chips. It has 12years of build up so I'm sure it's beyond my help.

I'm not really interested in people's ideas for cleaning it as I've tried a lot of methods. Just the original question.

I have a AAC m4 2000 of which has been modified aka "jailbroke" The baffles are deformed disc's and tube spacers neatly stacked up and welded together. I'd like to what makes it worth 800 plus tax both sales and federal stamp. If all these parts were finely machined I'd feel better about the price.

"I'm not really interested in people's ideas for cleaning it as I've tried a lot of methods. Just the original question."
Great, but A ultrasonic cleaner with the right chemicals will clean that suppressor to look like new. Your alternative it to have some do it for you for hundreds of dollars. Thats how I clean my m4 2000 baffles. Whatever you do keep us informed.

Boretech now makes a wand that shoots water sideways and connects to a pressure washer.

Anyway, I’ve wondered the same thing as the OP.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
This is from 2.5 years ago, but you could always contact ECCO Machine and see if they can gut and re-core your old can with modern and updated baffles, and then have them cut and weld you some HUB threads on the back so you can use it with any mounting system. 👍🏼

Yup, ECCO recored it and gave it universal thread. He did an awesome job. I'm very happy with his work.

Reactions: FuhQ