• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor suggestions

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Curious to get some thoughts on what suppressor people would choose for my application.

Long story short, I bought a titanium suppressor many years ago from Crux, but wasn't able to receive it close to ATF's approval due to having to relocate out of the country for work. When I came back to the US, Crux was under new ownership, and was going to work with me to get my suppressor. They've recently gone dark on comms, I'm assuming at this point the titanium suppressor that I've paid for will never be in my possession. Now I'm looking for a new suppressor.

Here are some of my objectives/nice to haves:

- Main goal is for precision rifles, and will work on cartridges from 6BRA to .300NM
- Bonus if it works on ar15's and has the "standard" 1-3/8x24 - not a requirement, as I have a SiCo Omega that fills this role. However, if the wife and I wanted to both shoot suppressed ar15's, it would be nice to each have a suppressor to fill this role. This would not happen often.
- Having a good recoil impulse would be an appreciated feature - I know some of the newer suppressors are designed with this in mind
- Doesn't hinder precision - designed with precision in mind
- Repeatability
- Pretty new to the suppressor game, so I haven't really developed a strong preference in regards to whether I would prefer for the can to be more portable, or if I would want ultimate sound suppression. Perhaps something in the middle?
- Not being too heavy would be nice
- Budget ~$1000 or less. I don't have the fiscal flexibility that I once did, and it hurts that I already have around ~$900 sunk into another suppressor that I will most likely never see.
- 5/8x24 direct thread mounting.

Right now, the Abel Company Biscuit seems really intriguing and checks some of the boxes. Not sure if there are other suppressors that fill a similar role that I should be looking at as well. Curious to hear what others are using for a similar application.

I absolutely love my Dead Air Nomad-LT. It's one of the quietest and best-sounding cans I've ever heard. I highly recommend it...You won't be disappointed.

I run a silencerco omega 300 on several precision rifles. I know a lot of guys love the TBAC series as well. I only notice poi shift with it. Rifles group well with it still. I do direct thread mine. It’s not heavy and does have 5/8-24 threads.

I'm kinda curious about the KGM suppressors myself. And with the group buy that might be a good way to go. The specs sheat seems to match what you're looking for.

A fiend of mine can't stop talking about his nomad and I'm waiting on a dominus CB. But I've got no real world experience being pretty new to it as well.

Reactions: kthomas
Hi,

An 11 year old, first time on my rifle shot this group at 1k today with 300PRC running KGM Suppressor.

They are running a group buy on SH right now.
@rad1moa

Screenshot_20211030-152837_Chrome.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Dead Air Nomad or Nomad LT is a great sounding can and very versatile.

AB Raptor is great bang for your buck.

The KG Made and Abel look interesting as well

When I was doing the research to pick a can last year, I narrowed it down to the EA Vox and the Dead Air Nomad. Criteria similar to yours, but for a precision AR. I chose the Nomad as two different reviews metered it slightly quieter than the Vox, and with a noticeably lower-pitched tone that everyone seems to really like. I have to say, I've been extremely pleased with it.

I absolutely love my Dead Air Nomad-LT. It's one of the quietest and best-sounding cans I've ever heard. I highly recommend it...You won't be disappointed.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Nomad, it's certainly piqued my interest.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Nomad, it's certainly piqued my interest.
I highly recommend it. Everyone that has heard it in person are just shocked at how quiet it is, and how much recoil it mitigates from the rifle. Also had a few comment on the smooth recoil impulse it creates.

Hi,

An 11 year old, first time on my rifle shot this group at 1k today with 300PRC running KGM Suppressor.

They are running a group buy on SH right now.
@rad1moa

View attachment 7731674

Sincerely,
Theis

The KGM is also pretty intriguing. I'm not sure of the K version of the R30 is what I want.

Did you use the R30 or R30K for that?

Curious to get some thoughts on what suppressor people would choose for my application.

Long story short, I bought a titanium suppressor many years ago from Crux, but wasn't able to receive it close to ATF's approval due to having to relocate out of the country for work. When I came back to the US, Crux was under new ownership, and was going to work with me to get my suppressor. They've recently gone dark on comms, I'm assuming at this point the titanium suppressor that I've paid for will never be in my possession. Now I'm looking for a new suppressor.

Here are some of my objectives/nice to haves:

- Main goal is for precision rifles, and will work on cartridges from 6BRA to .300NM
- Bonus if it works on ar15's and has the "standard" 1-3/8x24 - not a requirement, as I have a SiCo Omega that fills this role. However, if the wife and I wanted to both shoot suppressed ar15's, it would be nice to each have a suppressor to fill this role. This would not happen often.
- Having a good recoil impulse would be an appreciated feature - I know some of the newer suppressors are designed with this in mind
- Doesn't hinder precision - designed with precision in mind
- Repeatability
- Pretty new to the suppressor game, so I haven't really developed a strong preference in regards to whether I would prefer for the can to be more portable, or if I would want ultimate sound suppression. Perhaps something in the middle?
- Not being too heavy would be nice
- Budget ~$1000 or less. I don't have the fiscal flexibility that I once did, and it hurts that I already have around ~$900 sunk into another suppressor that I will most likely never see.
- 5/8x24 direct thread mounting.

Right now, the Abel Company Biscuit seems really intriguing and checks some of the boxes. Not sure if there are other suppressors that fill a similar role that I should be looking at as well. Curious to hear what others are using for a similar application.

I know this is out of your budget but the CGS Helios QD Ti is a great suppressor. Comes with both 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 direct thread options and a 1.375x24 qd ring for whatever qd option you want.

CGS Hyperion K

Dead Air Nomad/Nomad ti (or L versions)

KGM R30/R30K

The R30k is brand new. I don't know anyone with experience or that has heard it but I'm sure somebody on here can answer your questions.

Otter Creek labs PR30 S/L

I know this is out of your budget but the CGS Helios QD Ti is a great suppressor. Comes with both 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 direct thread options and a 1.375x24 qd ring for whatever qd option you want.

CGS Hyperion K

KGM R30/R30K

The R30k is brand new. I don't know anyone with experience or that has heard it but I'm sure somebody on here can answer your questions.

CGS looks like they make awesome stuff. If they had something in my price range, I would certainly consider them. Heard nothing but excellent things.

I looked at Otter Creek, but can't say I know or have heard much about them. I believe their can is all steel and somewhat heavy.

Get a 30 cal TBAC ultra

You can use it on an AR as long as you're not doing multiple mag dumps. One and done.

CGS Hyperion K

KGM R30/R30K

I forgot about the Otter Creek PR30L... From what I hear, it's a great can! And one of the quietest, right up there with the Nomad-LT and Hyperion. I hope I get to try one soon... @AndrewKing 😏

CGS looks like they make awesome stuff. If they had something in my price range, I would certainly consider them. Heard nothing but excellent things.

I looked at Otter Creek, but can't say I know or have heard much about them. I believe their can is all steel and somewhat heavy.
The Otter Creek PR30L just tested as one of the quetiest cans up against the industry big names. I'd give them a serious look. Also, the owner is a member here, and a good dude. @AndrewKing is the owner of Otter Creek Labs. 👍🏼

With that budget dead air nomad all day....or just go 338 ultra after living on ramen a few month

The Hyperion K is $999.

Otter Creek S/L is Ti with a stainless blast baffle. It's not the lightest but is 13.5 oz and 17.1 oz (with mount).

Andrew came from the form 1 world and transitioned to an 07/02 and is putting out quality stuff that competes with the big guys.

You can look at pewscience.com/rankings (sort by 308 only) to see how they stack up.

The Hyperion and Nomad L are the kings of the hill though. For it's size the Helios QD Ti punches above it's weight. The Nomad is also great.

I would also suggest taking a look at the kgm cans. Have been around a few of them in matches and they are super quiet as well

Abel co biscuit would fit your needs excellent at about half the price of your budget with the SH discount code.

With that deal, it's hard for me to not order a 2nd one... 😂

I passed it up because I grabbed a hyperion but I did pick up another wolfman (finally found a sp5) and another wolverine. Unfortunately they were out of the mask.

Silencerco Omega 30. Will fill any role you need on a rifle. Lots of options with the different end caps and mounting options. I have several and love them. Very versatile.

I passed it up because I grabbed a hyperion but I did pick up another wolfman (finally found a sp5) and another wolverine. Unfortunately they were out of the mask.
For a rimfire can, definitely get the Mask HD. And also, if you shoot precision bolt-actions and hunt, the Nomad-LT is absolutely where it's at.

The Otter Creek PR30L is right up there with it, too. I'm supposed to be testing one of those in the future. Not sure when on the time-frame, but I'm not in a rush. Unfortunately, it will have to stay at the range with them (since it is a demo unit, and I'm not listed as one of their RP's), so I won't be able to hunt with it, but I can shoot it as much as I want when I'm up there, and if I like it, I will probably be purchasing a brand new one for myself, soon after testing. 👍🏼

For a rimfire can, definitely get the Mask HD. And also, if you shoot precision bolt-actions and hunt, the Nomad-LT is absolutely where it's at.

The Otter Creek PR30L is right up there with it, too. I'm supposed to be testing one of those in the future. Not sure when on the time-frame, but I'm not in a rush. Unfortunately, it will have to stay at the range with them (since it is a demo unit, and I'm not listed as one of their RP's), so I won't be able to hunt with it, but I can shoot it as much as I want when I'm up there, and if I like it, I will probably be purchasing a brand new one for myself, soon after testing. 👍🏼

Grabbed the hyperion for a bolt gun but as well know once you buy one....others follow.

What about the biscuit from Able?

This is really what I'm leaning towards. With the discount code, it's a really attractive price.

For whatever reason my CC is acting up right now, but tomorrow I'll probably be pulling the trigger.

The next closest contender is the Nomad-LT with free tax stamp. However when you add the "free tax stamp" to the Nomad-LT, the price increases by ~$200. So I'm confused as to what's free about the tax stamp from Silencer Shop. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

This is really what I'm leaning towards. With the discount code, it's a really attractive price.

For whatever reason my CC is acting up right now, but tomorrow I'll probably be pulling the trigger.

The next closest contender is the Nomad-LT with free tax stamp. However when you add the "free tax stamp" to the Nomad-LT, the price increases by ~$200. So I'm confused as to what's free about the tax stamp from Silencer Shop. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Haha, wouldn't that be some shit if that's what they meant by "free" tax stamp? Did you try taking it all the way to check out (I didn't try)?

Haha, wouldn't that be some shit if that's what they meant by "free" tax stamp? Did you try taking it all the way to check out (I didn't try)?

I added it to my cart, then proceeded to the checkout page to see if there was a $200 reduction for that tax stamp. But no, it was still $200 more expensive 🤷‍♂️

I added it to my cart, then proceeded to the checkout page to see if there was a $200 reduction for that tax stamp. But no, it was still $200 more expensive 🤷‍♂️

Makes no sense to me. Maybe they messed up but definitely wouldn't continue without a call to them.

Update:

Just pulled the trigger on an Abel Co. Biscuit!

Seems to check all of my boxes, and the price was certainly right (especially with the SH discount code)! The Nomad-LT seems like another great can for my purposes, but I'm happy to support those on the 'Hide with a new suppressor offering.

Excited to try this product out, but trying not to get too excited as I know it's going to be quite the wait...

You might need to call them and let them know that it's not working on their website...

Reactions: AngryKoala
I just went there and saw what yall were talking about, and it was doing the same thing for me.

I just went there and saw what yall were talking about, and it was doing the same thing for me.

I'm guessing it is some sort of weird reimbursement thing they have worked out but it doesn't make sense to me.

I'm guessing it is some sort of weird reimbursement thing they have worked out but it doesn't make sense to me.
Either that, or they send you a $200 gift card.

Personally, I'd rather just pay $1,099 and $25 for a SS Trust, get a FREE $205 stamp, and call it a day, instead of being reimbursed for it...But that's just me.