• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor/ upper combo questions

j-moose32

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2019
Couple parts to this... I have a TBAC Dominus SR K can, and it mostly sits on a PWS 11.8''. Works great during the day, but at night, it shoots straight fireballs, on all 3 gas adjustment settings. Anyone else using this combo at night but NOT getting fireballs? Ammo is 55 grain factory, no crazy hot hand loads.

Anyone use a Dominus SR K on a KAC 14.5''? Im considering trying it out on there but hate to take off the stock flash hider on the KAC, especially without knowing how well this can will play with the KAC.

Lastly, any advice for a 14.5/16'' off the shelf upper that has an AGB / ready to rock for suppressed shooting?

Thanks guys

No, your best bet is to buy the upper you want and buy a BRT gas tube and get it properly gassed. If you dont know BRT's, read up a bit, they really help.

PB

I’ve actually heard of them, would rather have an adjustable gas block setup. I’ll still give em a once over though

11” guns are known tbi inducing fireball generators. K cans don’t have the volume of a standard length suppressor. This is a recipe for fireballs from your k can. It seems reversed but; short cans for long barrels, and long cans for short barrels.

Last edited:
Reactions: j-moose32
Couple parts to this... I have a TBAC Dominus SR K can, and it mostly sits on a PWS 11.8''. Works great during the day, but at night, it shoots straight fireballs, on all 3 gas adjustment settings. Anyone else using this combo at night but NOT getting fireballs? Ammo is 55 grain factory, no crazy hot hand loads.

Anyone use a Dominus SR K on a KAC 14.5''? Im considering trying it out on there but hate to take off the stock flash hider on the KAC, especially without knowing how well this can will play with the KAC.

Lastly, any advice for a 14.5/16'' off the shelf upper that has an AGB / ready to rock for suppressed shooting?

Thanks guys
I'd recommend a 14.5" or 16" PWS upper.

Keith

Have you used one with this can? I don’t wanna grab one, only to shoot more fireballs haha
The short answer is no, as I've never run that can on anything.

IMHO & IME, a longer barrel will allow for more complete burning of the powder which normally results in less flash. I'd recommend that you run your 11.85" PWS & 14.5" KAC at night with the same ammo, without benefit of a can, so that you can compare the flash signature. That will give you some idea of what an extra 2.65" of barrel will do for you as far as flash signature. This is assuming that the muzzle devices on both are at least somewhat similar.

As hlee mentioned above, a longer can could be a solution, albeit not an inexpensive one. Some can mfrs produce cans with removable end caps that can be replaced with one that has flash suppressor characteristics. Ammunition flash signatures can vary wildly between mfrs, types of ammo, etc.

After your upcoming barrel comparison, your solution may be as simple as a muzzle device changout on your existing 14.5". An end cap change, if possible, could help.

There are several avenues to test. Best of luck with your experiment and please keep us updated.

Keith

I’ll probably grab a 14.5”/ 16” upper if I can find one cheap enough, and see how that works with the dominus k. I don’t want wait / go with another can just yet