• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor use in Michigan.

thumper49802

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2008
Kingsford, MI
My buddy is a Wisconsin Resident. However he wants to shoot with me up here in Michigan at our 1000 yard range. He wants to know if he can use his suppressor in Michigan legally. I tried to find the answer for him, and hes been looking as well, but i was just curious as to if you gentleman had any insight to this dilemma. Thanks fellas.

Re: Suppressor use in Michigan.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/Publications/Firearms.pdf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">750.224 Weapons; manufacture, sale, or possession as felony; violation as felony; penalty; exceptions;
“muffler” or “silencer” defined.
Sec. 224. (1) A person shall not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, or possess any of the following:

(b) A muffler or silencer.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to any of the following:

(b) A person manufacturing firearms, explosives, or munitions of war by virtue of a contract with a department of the government
of the United States.
(c) A person licensed by the secretary of the treasury of the United States or the secretary’s delegate to manufacture, sell, or
possess a machine gun, or a device, weapon, cartridge, container, or contrivance described in subsection (1).</div></div>
The AG wrote an opinion saying that the ATF form 4 was a "license" suitable for persons to own machine guns, but he did not include silencers.

Talk to your legislators and ask them to ask the AG to write a similar opinion for silencers.

Ranb

I'm surrounded! MN, IA, IL MI no cans!!!

Actually heard some talk about it this weekend. Hopefully some things change soon.