• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Wait Time

srt_1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Steubenville, OH
My $200.00 NFA check was cashed on April 27, 2009. Anyone have any idea how long after that it will take for my paperwork to be in and ready?

My can is ready to go, so all I'm waiting for is the ATF to step on it, so to say...

Re: Suppressor Wait Time

Thanks....so hopefully, I should expect it sometime in July? That's not too bad.

I'd bet more like Fall before you see it. I understand it could be more like six months at this time.

Yes July seems about right 2 Months to go from check cashed to pending and about 1 - 1.5 months from pending to approved.

I got approved May 1st sent the form Jan 21, Check Cashed Jan 30, Pending March 31, Approved May 1st just waiting on the Mail Man
crazy.gif

SWR Omega 300 on a Trust.

I think it depends on the examiner. My check was cashrd on Feb 19th and picked up my can two weeks ago. It was nine weeks.

Depends on the examiner...2 months to go pending and 1 month from then to approval...they have been real busy lately...

Sent mine in 1/17 received 1/20, went pending 3/30, approved 4/30, just waiting for the stamp to get to the dealer!

My check was cashed the first week of January. I'm still waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it depends on the examiner. My check was cashrd on Feb 19th and picked up my can two weeks ago. It was nine weeks. </div></div>

This pisses me off... My check cashed 2/10/09 and as of this morning I'm still pending..

I mean I'm happy for you that you got your can,. but why can't this process be more consistent..

Patience seems to be the name of the game. I paid for my YHM in full in Feb but still waiting For the can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Patience seems to be the name of the game. I paid for my YHM in full in Feb but still waiting For the can. </div></div>

Yeah I need to be more patient, but on silencertalk I see so many people with my pending date getting approved.. I guess it shouldn't be to long now..

Certainly, a "trust" transfer seems to take a good week or two less time for approval.

I started my project in October, but I believe the dealer was messing around and not telling me. They had just transferred hands and it could be they did not have their SOT paperwork back from the feds yet.

I hope to get my paperwork back within 2 weeks now....

BATF cashed the checks for both cans on February 3 and I'm still waiting.

BAZ, I am right there with you:

I mailed in on 4/18/09.
Check cleared 4/29/09.

My dealer has seen the average "trust" cans returned in 3 months during 1st qtr this year. That is up from 8-10 weeks last year same period. His intel tells him items sent in during the 2nd qtr 09 (that is guys like us) will most likely take 4-5 months. I will be happy if it shows up by Aug.... Sorry to share my not-so-cheerful info:(

Bottom Line_ BATFE is overloaded and the lead time is stretched.

Here are a few other factors that affect the "standard turnaround" that I know of:
1) Depending on your state, personal information retrieval time varies.
2) Any discrepancies on forms
3) Trust cans and LE sign-off cans seem to vary for no known reason.
4) Anything but a spotless "clean" background will add time.

Waiting for- Gemtech M402 (.223)

Best thing to do is to just forget about it. You have to keep in mind that the ATF is a gubment run program and they will work at any speed they feel like working. They do things for no rhyme or reason and you cant make them move any faster.

I use the fact taht the check has cashed as a note that my paperwork was recieved in Atlanta and they took the money out of the envelope.

Yep,
I shot myne straight to Martinsburg, WV.

I have 3 different weapons I plan to use this can on... which means 3 line items needing threads. The process allows me the time needs to pinch another $400 bones out of my budget for the G-Smith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mailed on 1/2/09
Cashed on 1/5/09
Pending on 3/11/09
Picked up on 5/11/09

According to my FFL it is taking around 4.5 to 5 months. </div></div>

Individual, Trust or Corp..?

Mine just cleared last week. Trust; mailed last week December with MO; Stamp received 5/7. About 4 months and some change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a RLT
Mailed 2-17
Cashed 2-25
Pending 4-15
Approved ??
Examiner Ted Clutter </div></div>

Clutter takes his sweet ass time

Anyone know if it is any faster if you already have a C&R FFL?

I would think that since you already have an assigned review agent and paperwork on file the process might be a little quicker.

About to purchase my first can and would really like to know how painfull the wait will be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know if it is any faster if you already have a C&R FFL?

I would think that since you already have an assigned review agent and paperwork on file the process might be a little quicker.

About to purchase my first can and would really like to know how painfull the wait will be. </div></div>

Negative Ghostrider. It doesnt matter shit. They are going to take their sweet ass time. Both of my cans have been right at 100 days from the time I mailed them off to my dealer got the stamps back and called me.

First one I got back just before thanksgiving, the second one I sent off the second or so week of December but I dont remember when it came back .... but it was about 100 days later.

Wore yet.

If you get a second can 2 weeks after your first can was approved, you will still wait the full time.

Efficiency, thy name is NOT BATFE........

Just got word that my suppressor was approved Monday. Should be long until my first suppressor is in my hands. I sent in my paperwork the last week of January.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irelander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got word that my suppressor was approved Monday. Should be long until my first suppressor is in my hands. I sent in my paperwork the last week of January. </div></div>
Not to be a pain in the butt, but just because it has been approved, doesnt necessarilly mean that it is going to go in the mail any time soon. I have seen some that were approved on one day then took another 2 weeks or so to be mailed. Some examiners only mail in batches, some examiners mail daily, some mail weekly.

Oh, I did not know that. Thanks for the tidbit. I guess I won't get too excited yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irelander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, I did not know that. Thanks for the tidbit. I guess I won't get too excited yet. </div></div>

In the grand scheem of things another week or so is a relatively short period of time.

I just sent off the paperwork on my 1st Suppressor, damn I hate waiting...

Should I be concerned that my check was mailed off on 4-27-09 and still hasn't been cashed? Two and a half weeks so far.

From what I have read it seems like they cash your check within days of receiving it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBL LUNG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should I be concerned that my check was mailed off on 4-27-09 and still hasn't been cashed? Two and a half weeks so far.

From what I have read it seems like they cash your check within days of receiving it.
</div></div>

Depends.. I've seen some that have been 30 days...

Im still waiting on a form 3 transfer to get approved and it has been 22 days now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a RLT
Mailed 2-17
Cashed 2-25
Pending 4-15
Approved ??
Examiner Ted Clutter </div></div>

Approved 5-12
Mailed 5-13
Thank You Mr. Clutter !

Thursday will be eight weeks since mine was mailed. What's the number where you guys are calling?

I called 8 weeks after my check was cahsed. They all went pending 7 weeks after cashing. Approved 4 weeks later.

Sent mine in Dec 30. Went Pending March 11th. April 6, said they were waiting for Fingerprint results. Still hasn't been approved yet. Unless you have a Trust, expect 6 months and hope for less.

Although I have seen that some examiners, seem to be more efficient than mine right now. Even with the "Fingerprint Analysis" hold up.

Sent one in Feb...went pending April 14...30 days pending nothing yet....this time last year 4 weeks from check cashed I had my can

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fro308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sent one in Feb...went pending April 14...30 days pending nothing yet....this time last year 4 weeks from check cashed I had my can </div></div>

You know if you would have sent off for that can when you first got it ..... you would be shooting it already.

I just got in some 6 form 4 today. They were sent off the last week of Jan. So it is taking every bit of 4 + months. All 6 forms were done as Trust too. I talked to my NFA contact and he stated in April of this year they had all had more transfers then all of 2008 combined.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called 8 weeks after my check was cahsed. They all went pending 7 weeks after cashing. Approved 4 weeks later. </div></div>

mine are close to that now. I think they got the Christmas rush behind them and are starting to catch back up. I pray for the day they get back to their normal 7 week mailbox to mailbox time frame.

I sent a couple in about a month and a half ago. sent them in, 2 weeks later it was cashed, 4 weeks in it was pending. i hope approval comes soon!