• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Warranty Experience?

Wiley2019

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2022
Texas
Well I had a suppressor blow up on me yesterday. Silencerco Harvester 300, shooting 300wm well above their minimum barrel requirements, factory ammo, all that stuff. It was weird because the suppressor was on tight, wasn’t hot or anything, was clear of obstructions because I happened to check it when I switched it onto this rifle, and had been used on that rifle many times in the past with no issues. Filled out their forms and got an RMA number to send it off tomorrow, that experience has all been very pleasant. My question is what to expect once it’s there.

The bullet passed through the tube which is serialized, I’m assuming this means I go back on the waitlist and have to buy a new stamp right?

The other thing is that the Harvester 300 has been discontinued a couple years now so I don’t really know how they could replace it unless they have some extras lying around. Any of y’all dealt with this situation before?

Obviously it sucks being right before deer season and everything, but the way that bullet exited makes this one of those times I’m just glad nobody got hurt because it definitely could have been much worse. Been super happy with my other silencerco products and now dealing with their customer service it’s been a top notch experience too. I’m just curious what’s going to happen when they get it.

Maybe you should call the manufacturer and ask about the process on your returned suppressor.

They would give you the best answer. JMHO

SilencerCo will take care of you. They are fantastic and will generally cover anything and everything, including stupidity, at least once. Not implying you’re in the wrong here, just saying they will take care of it no questions asked.

They repaired my Harvester 30. It came back less than 2 weeks later. The tube was salvageable though.

They repaired my Harvester 30. It came back less than 2 weeks later. The tube was salvageable though.
They’ve repaired one my dad quickly as well, I just don’t know what’s going to happen with the tube having a big hole in it this time. I’m in no way concerned about their service, more of just late night curiosity.

According to NFA law they will be required to replace the tube, and since that is the serialized part you will have to re file. They may pay for the stamp. They warned me since my tube had a slight bulge that I may have to go through the process again. Luckily that wasn't the case.

According to NFA law they will be required to replace the tube, and since that is the serialized part you will have to re file. They may pay for the stamp. They warned me since my tube had a slight bulge that I may have to go through the process again. Luckily that wasn't the case.
Thanks for the info, that’s what I figured but I sure was hoping I was wrong! Glad I’ve got another 30 cal can for deer season but I’m sure I’ll be missing the lightweight Harvester after a few miles.

I shot the core out of my Silencerco Hybrid shooting 300NM. I sent them my old tube and whatever was left of the bottom of the core and they sent me a recored suppressor with my old tube back within a week. My friend blew up a Ultra 9 and TBAC warrantied it also with no issues. I think you would be hard pressed to find a big suppressor manufacturer not taking care of their customers. I know a lot of people who have either blew up their cans or had a major baffle strike in them and all the suppressors were warrantied. I had a SOT friend of mine blew up his AAC 249SD 3 times on his M249 and AAC took care of it all 3 times.
1697175953719.png

I shot the core out of my Silencerco Hybrid shooting 300NM. I sent them my old tube and whatever was left of the bottom of the core and they sent me a recored suppressor with my old tube back within a week. My friend blew up a Ultra 9 and TBAC warrantied it also with no issues. I think you would be hard pressed to find a big suppressor manufacturer not taking care of their customers. I know a lot of people who have either blew up their cans or had a major baffle strike in them and all the suppressors were warrantied. I had a SOT friend of mine blew up his AAC 249SD 3 times on his M249 and AAC took care of it all 3 times.
View attachment 8247624
Agreed.

In todays market they’d almost have to. I could see not covering something stupid. SilencerCo even has their “stupid” warranty that takes care of customers for whatever reason

If companies make it a hassle to get replacements people will simply migrate to other companies. Many more options available in todays market

That's true if the tube is deemed to be unsalvageable. It's possible that it can be saved depending upon where the bullet passes. If the engravings are still intact, it can probably be saved - the question is whether it makes sense to do so.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Cut, shorten, re thread. As long as engraving is intact.

This would be the only option a F1 guy would have.

I’ve heard a lot of chatter that dead air and silencerco suppressors seem to not be up to spec. I think echo machining has been helping people with some of these qc issues with both of these companies. Might be worth checking them out if you have a silencerco or dead air suppressor

Dead Air = Dead to me Air. They send shit out that's flawed from the "factory". Absolutely no QC. I'm one of their victims and I'm not expecting to see my can for six months if ever again. Hearing six months or more on the Sierra 5's which is what I purchased. Wasn't even concentric with their muzzle device. I guess KRG has as much blame so I'd avoid any cans they're making for other companies like Daniel Defense. I'm sure there are others.

Dead Air = Dead to me Air. They send shit out that's flawed from the "factory". Absolutely no QC. I'm one of their victims and I'm not expecting to see my can for six months if ever again. Hearing six months or more on the Sierra 5's which is what I purchased. Wasn't even concentric with their muzzle device. I guess KRG has as much blame so I'd avoid any cans they're making for other companies like Daniel Defense. I'm sure there are others.
6months just for the repair or are you having to go through the NFA process again?

SiCo were great and fast when I had a warranty issue on my Omega years ago. The finish was blistering and the replaced or repaired it. Can’t remember which but it was painless and quick. They paid shipping.

6months just for the repair or are you having to go through the NFA process again?
Others are reporting it took six months to get theirs repaired and back in their hands. I'm a bit over a month out and not a peep from them. I sent an inquiry and we'll see what they say.

Others are reporting it took six months to get theirs repaired and back in their hands. I'm a bit over a month out and not a peep from them. I sent an inquiry and we'll see what they say.
Man that sucks. I’ve had no issues with my deadairs besides a keymo adapter ratchet loosing its bite, but now knowing the wait is that long I’m more inclined to take the loss and buy a new adapter than try to warranty it. Maybe buy a new one and warranty the old adapter so I have a backup.

That's a separate part though isn't it? I'd imagine they have others just sitting there and it'd likely be a quick swap. My suppressor arrived damaged (visible to naked eye) and others have had failures fairly quickly after receiving them if not even on the initial range outage. Mostly rear baffles. And while all this was happening, KGM was dropped by Dead Air as a manufacturer for their products and they made the Sierra 5's. So it's just FUBAR all the way around. No idea what the fix is, if there's a redesign or what. Needless inconvenience for the end consumer.

I'd say it's not a bad idea to purchase another just to have as a backup. I went Xeno on mine but will switch it over to Huxwrx's new HUB system once it comes out as I'm heavily invested in their muzzle devices. And they've all be concentric right out of the box unlike my DA Xeno mount.

I have returned three Gemtechfor various reasons. All were replace with current top of the line models. Some were 10 to 15 years old. Had to go through the waiting process but they even paid for the stamp.
My question is why dont i see any love for Gemtech cans on the hide.

Last edited:
CGS is very good. Can attest to that. I’ve also had good luck with silencer central too. I haven’t seen anyone talk about primary weapons systems, I was thinking about getting a can from them.

CGS is very good. Can attest to that. I’ve also had good luck with silencer central too. I haven’t seen anyone talk about primary weapons systems, I was thinking about getting a can from them.

They meter well, but the only thing that concerns about 3D printed cans is their propensity to have high runout

Only thing worse than Silencer Central's CS is their products IMO.

Submitted online warranty request for a bulged Banish 30 on 11-9. Ghosted.

Re-submitted online 11-27. Ghosted.

Called 11-30 (1/2hr wait) was told a return label would be emailed. Ghosted.

Called again 12-15 (1/2hr wait) told same as previous phone call. Ghosted.

Called again 12-21 - they sent the return authorization and I shipped it same day.

Took 42 days just to get started.
(I did call a few more times during this but hung up after 1/2 hr + wait.)

I have no faith I will ever see the suppressor again or have a usable product if I do.

I just got notIfied my 4th of their cans was approved and told them keep it.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Only thing worse than Silencer Central's CS is their products IMO.

Submitted online warranty request for a bulged Banish 30 on 11-9. Ghosted.

Re-submitted online 11-27. Ghosted.

Called 11-30 (1/2hr wait) was told a return label would be emailed. Ghosted.

Called again 12-15 (1/2hr wait) told same as previous phone call. Ghosted.

Called again 12-21 - they sent the return authorization and I shipped it same day.

Took 42 days just to get started.
(I did call a few more times during this but hung up after 1/2 hr + wait.)

I have no faith I will ever see the suppressor again or have a usable product if I do.

I just got notIfied my 4th of their cans was approved and told them keep it.
I’ve submitted 5 warranty requests and had immediate response times and 3 day turnarounds each time. Guess it’s just the luck of the draw

5 warranty requests… they must be some high quality cans.
Exactly mine are used for low volume, non-magnums. Coyote calling essentially. Not durable enough for the lightest use. Why I don't care to get the Banish 22 I'll use to shoot pop cans. I don't think it will hold up.

I’ve submitted 5 warranty requests and had immediate response times and 3 day turnarounds each time. Guess it’s just the luck of the draw
Yeah, product support is something I'd rather not have to depend on luck for. Glad they took care of you.

Thought I'd update, Silencer Central has had my suppressor for 3 months now. Not one word from them.

Nah some old 223 can that came as part of a collection. Always had something loose in the back if can but now I have an endcap strike
Send it to ECCO. He'll turn it in to a winner.

Unless it's a warranty thing, of course

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas and BurtG
Anyone ever dealt with CAT warranty service? Their warranty page reads like the experience could be pretty bad for the customer.