• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supreme Court

powerspc

It Sounded Like a Good Idea at the Time
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2018
    “President Biden said Thursday that he will announce his nominee to replace retiring Justice Stephen Breyer before the end of next month, and that that candidate will be a Black woman.”

I wonder sometimes if younger people have become so inured to racism that they don’t actually recognize it anymore? If you read that sentence above and didn’t think, “Wow! That’s probably the most racist thing I have ever encountered in my lifetime!” Then that’s what I’m talking about.

rac·ism
    /ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun
    1. the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

I am, sadly, old enough to remember when that sentence would have read:

“The President said Thursday that he will announce his nominee to replace retiring Justice Stephen Breyer before the end of next month, and that that candidate will be the most qualified candidate we can find.”

What a horrible mess we have made of this American experiment.

“President Biden said Thursday that he will announce his nominee to replace retiring Justice Stephen Breyer before the end of next month, and that that candidate will be a Black woman.”

I wonder sometimes if younger people have become so inured to racism that they don’t actually recognize it anymore? If you read that sentence above and didn’t think, “Wow! That’s probably the most racist thing I have ever encountered in my lifetime!” Then that’s what I’m talking about.

rac·ism
    /ˈrāˌsizəm/

noun
    1. the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

I am, sadly, old enough to remember when that sentence would have read:

“The President said Thursday that he will announce his nominee to replace retiring Justice Stephen Breyer before the end of next month, and that that candidate will be the most qualified candidate we can find.”

What a horrible mess we have made of this American experiment.
    I must have been listening to Democrats better than you. What he said was racist. But I've heard many more racist things, from Democrats.

Here is one from Joe Biden before he had dementia: "you think I want my kids to go to school in a racial jungle?"

It's obvious that experience, temperament, education, etc. have no bearing on Uncle Joe's selection process. I mean, just look at the leftist radicals he's appointed to the courts so far. Race is clearly the most important thing to Dems. Why doesn't he just nominate George Floyd's mother? In normal times that would be ridiculous, but do you have any doubt 50 Senate Dems would vote to confirm her? The only saving grace is that whoever he picks won't move the Supreme Court either direction. It will still be 5 conservatives and 4 liberals (including Roberts).

Reactions: wh20crazy