• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Supressor newb needs advice

Eblade2004

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Southern Maine
I'm going to purchase my first supressor this week. It will be primarily for a scar17 and a remington 5r 308, but I would like the option to use it on my 300wm and ar15 as well. I have 95% settled on silencerco specwar762. Is there a better can for the money? I'm working with a 1000$ budget and from my research it seems like "best bang" for my buck. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I have suppressor "needs" similar to yours and my research concluded with the SpecWar 7.62. I'm still waiting on ATF approval for me to take possession though, so I cannot comment specifically about this suppressor outside of my objective research.

I'm going to purchase my first supressor this week. It will be primarily for a scar17 and a remington 5r 308, but I would like the option to use it on my 300wm and ar15 as well. I have 95% settled on silencerco specwar762. Is there a better can for the money? I'm working with a 1000$ budget and from my research it seems like "best bang" for my buck. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

When I was searching for a suppressor, I was actually told that the Specwar was not capable of handling the 300 WM.

I was directed to the Victory Magnum, AAC MK-13, Surefire 762-RC and the Thunderbeast 30BA.

Of those, I went with the Surefire 762-RC because, at the time there were some issues with the AAC being concentric and the Surefire had a very strong following.

I filed the paperwork in December so, I'm crossing my fingers for fall but, hopefully, I made the right decision!

I dont think you can go wrong with surefire they make an awesome supressor. I wish it was in my budget but I can't swing that much right now. Enjoy it, I would love to hear what you think after you shoot it.

The Specwar 7.62 is a well made can and is rated up to 300 RUM according to Silencerco, so you would be covered well for your intended uses.

Wanting to take the plunge into a suppressor myself and am leaning towards the specwar as well. Primary use will be for a AR15 coyote hunting build I have underway as well as adapting it over to my 6br and 300 Win Mag.
Where did you find your best price?
Can anyone tell me where to pick up the forms? I guess e filing is out at least for the time being.
And lastly, would any be willing to help me thru the app process for a couple of bucks? Id hate to make a mistake needlessly,
PM's if you prefer for my contact info and yes I already have a trust. Thanks all in advance! Sorry for Hijacking your thread Eblade2004, it just hit so close to the same scenario I am in :)

Last edited:
Wanting to take the plunge into a suppressor myself and am leaning towards the specwar as well. Primary use will be for a AR15 coyote hunting build I have underway as well as adapting it over to my 6br and 300 Win Mag.
Where did you find your best price?
Can anyone tell me where to pick up the forms? I guess e filing is out at least for the time being.
And lastly, would any be willing to help me thru the app process for a couple of bucks? Id hate to make a mistake needlessly,
PM's if you prefer for my contact info and yes I already have a trust. Thanks all in advance! Sorry for Hijacking your thread Eblade2004, it just hit so close to the same scenario I am in :)

I am no suppressor expert and just purchased my first 2 in February. Gun Silencers For Sale :: Buy a Silencer Online For Pistol or Rifle should be your new best friend :) I don't have a trust so I bought my Specwar 7.62 and Sparrow .22 from Silencer Shop and had them sent to my FFL. They have the best prices I could find when I was looking. (Don't know if anyone here on the Hide could set you up with a better price) If you call them they will walk you through the steps, mail you all the paperwork (for a trust), help you fill it out, and then you send it back to them. Very friendly people to deal with. These two videos should help/answer some questions.

http://www.silencershop.com/video/how-to-buy-a-silencer-part-1/

http://www.silencershop.com/video/how-to-buy-a-silencer-part-2/

I purchased mine from rangerwalker71 here on the hide. He's doing a spring sale on supressors, there's a thread on it somewhere on here. It is what prompted me to buy my first can, the price I payed was less than I've seen it for sale anyplace else. All I did was talk to a local class 3 dealer about what I wanted to do and who I was ordering it from. I payed rangerwalker71 for it and he got in touch with the shop. They are handling it from there, when it gets to the shop in 4-6 weeks ill do my paperwork and wait like a year. It's really not that hard .