• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Supressor recommendation for 6.5x284

Yachtee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2009
New Orleans, LA, USA
I new here but great site. I am looking to add a suppressor to my custom rifle. It is a 6.5x284 with a predator action and a 28" Lothar walthar 4.5 barrel with a 1:9 twist. Any suggestions a a moderately priced can? I have a very limited budget but I want something that gives alot of bang for the buck.

Also, does anyone know where I can get preferabbly a used, or new, Mcmillan A-5 or a AICS stock?

Thanks!

Re: Supressor recommendation for 6.5x284

Watch the classifieds for used stocks, new ones can be found from Bauer Arms and JW Precision here.

For the suppressor, on a budget, I'd recommend the Yankee Hill SS Phantom 308. Rated up to 300 win mag so lots of good use options in the future.

+1 for Yankee Hill as your budget can.
(Get alot of No-Bang for the buck.)
grin.gif

I have recently been sold on the SRT cans myself.
They are slightly more expensive, but I like the performance & warranty.
http://www.srtarms.com/

i got aics short action 1.5, got here a while back im concidering on selling. pm if interested

I was at a Varmint Silhouette shoot last sat. a guy had a suppressor on a R15 and it sounded just like a 22 when he shot.

Thar was the first Suppressor I have ever been around, it was cool.

I got my SWR Omega from Major Malfunction at a very reasonable price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: divejay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got aics short action 1.5, got here a while back im concidering on selling. pm if interested </div></div>

I need a long action... Sorry

Save your pennies and get a Shark or Tigershark, with a barrel that long your gonna want/need a can that's light wieght.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Save your pennies and get a Shark or Tigershark, with a barrel that long your gonna want/need a can that's light wieght. </div></div>

427C makes a good point, that's not a heavy contour either.

If you can afford Shark then great or the Gemtech Sandstorm for a little over $1k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Save your pennies and get a Shark or Tigershark, with a barrel that long your gonna want/need a can that's light wieght. </div></div>

It has 8 flutes and is extremely lightweight. Weight is not a big issue. I have had to lug around much heavier
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yachtee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Save your pennies and get a Shark or Tigershark, with a barrel that long your gonna want/need a can that's light wieght. </div></div>

It has 8 flutes and is extremely lightweight. Weight is not a big issue. I have had to lug around much heavier
laugh.gif
</div></div>

427C wasn't worried about you carrying it....think barrel sag.

YHM. Mine rocks and they're half the price of some other brands. They are heavy though!

KeithR41

a can way out there acts likes a sail, shooting positional with a can on is alot harder than with it off, the extra wieght of a steel can will multiply these issues, and the exspensive titanium cans are quiter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yachtee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Save your pennies and get a Shark or Tigershark, with a barrel that long your gonna want/need a can that's light wieght. </div></div>

laugh.gif
</div></div>

427C wasn't worried about you carrying it....think barrel sag. </div></div>

What kind of issues does the barrel sag create? Does it create anything permanent damage wise?

I won a $200 off certificate for a shark suppressor. Id sell it cheaper if you wanted it. Im not going to use it anytime soon due to MIL stuff coming up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where's the usual AAC vs Surefire hubbub?

Mods must be doing a good job ;D</div></div>

Don't make me ban you Torf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where's the usual AAC vs Surefire hubbub?

Mods must be doing a good job ;D</div></div>

Don't make me ban you Torf. </div></div>

Hahaha my 762SD from AAC is sitting at Oregon Research LLC right now awaiting me to pick it up.

laugh.gif