• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supressor Wrap

remr5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
Maryland
Hi, I'm in the market for a 5.56 suppressor wrap. Does anyone have any brand recomendations?

Re: Supressor Wrap

TAB. I ordered mine through Lisa at the Rifles Only website. Good gear shipped fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remr5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi, I'm in the market for a 5.56 suppressor wrap. Does anyone have any brand recomendations?</div></div>

Is it going on an AR? TAB Gear's wrap is great, but not meant for rapid, semi-auto fire. Just a head's up.

I wouldn't think there would be much use for a wrap on anything other then a LR set up.

Tony is working on some new material for rapid fire. It is actually going through the testing stage right now and seems to be holding up rather well. I know he is trying to "break" it now. So, that problem hopefully will be fixed soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TAB. I ordered mine through Lisa at the Rifles Only website. Good gear shipped fast. </div></div>

Agree, just received my second less than 2 weeks from order. 1'st I ordered direct 3 months, not acceptable.

Thanks for everyones input. I'm going to be using it on an sbr.

I seen that U.S. tactical Supply has a cover that is made out of rubber material that is vented. I was looking at that product just to try out but I wanted to hear what everyone else thinks. Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remr5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seen that U.S. tactical Supply has a cover that is made out of rubber material that is vented. </div></div>

I saw that in the latest mailer they sent me as well. It's cheap and it looks like it would make sense...

The US Tactical Supply listed item is the same stuff they make baking sheets and cooking utensils out of....some sort of high temp silicone

Slips right on and trims to length. Looks like a pretty good idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remr5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seen that U.S. tactical Supply has a cover that is made out of rubber material that is vented. I was looking at that product just to try out but I wanted to hear what everyone else thinks.
</div></div>

If your talking about the Bowers Group covers, they are made from high temp Silicone. I've two of them, one on a .223 can, the other on a .308. Never been an issue with either.
Tom Bowers, is the owner of Bowers Group an Subguns.com, first class all the way.

When you find one and test it let me know. I'm in the market for one for a 10.5 SBR, Noveske, with a YHM SS Phantom.

Elite Iron makes some excellent wraps. Very good people to deal with and very good customer service. They make some bitchin cans also.

The Elite Iron wraps look pretty secure with the lace-up and all.

I'm torn between that and the silicone US Tactical ones.