• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Sure Shot Night Vision SNB Filters & PVS27 WP

LibertyArms

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2010
Southwest PA
Jay was kind enough to send some filters to try out for our night shoot recently, as well as one of his retubed pvs 27's. This is a quick overview of both. Jay sent a White PVS27 Echo tubed unit, ( he can give specs) with a SNB filter installed in the flip cap housing. We had some issues at first getting the unit focused on a Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27 which i later feel was an issue with the optic focus setting not jiving with the pvs27. We mounted it on a MK4 spotter & MK5 with no issues focusing the unit. The PVS 27 retubed white was nice look over the green units for sure, with a shaper detail image in my opinion. I thought it was cool that he made a SNB for the 27. The SNB filters give a light purple hue to the image. I would put it this way - The SNB filters does make the image slightly darker, but better detail in the image. I get it- if your in a cave or dark woods with nor IR illum. just take the filter out. But for most of us- I think- the filters ( to my eyes) a crisper image on everything i tried it on, RNVG L3 unfilmed, PVS14 green omni7, 2124 LR WP, and the pvs 27 retubed. Just a quick overview for ya. Overall i was impressed with the unit and the filters, i feel it take soem of the " graininess" away from the image and looks cleaner ? . I think he may be on to something. @Surgeon_Shooter

FYI- these where all taken just holding the phone behind the optics- Im not a photographer. I will work on getting some steady pictures that dont show up as blury. Damn focus on the phone try to auto focus when i want it to see the image as i have it focused. But any way. All taken with partly cloudy skies, no moon up ( maybe a liver at the tree line),

Pictures of the pVS 27 first. Barn at 682 yards. Leupold mk4 spotter @ 12x I actually need to turn the gain down as the image looked better than the pics. The tube picked up the barn light and gave some halo in the image

Second pics - Barn 629 yards - M2124LR WP. Leupold MK6 - @ 3x then 12x - with and without IR illum. no filter-

3rd Pics Then with a SNB filter i rigged for the 2124, same scope and pwr setting, and with and without illum.

4th pics - view through RNVG L3 unfilmed, no filter and filter.

Last edited:
20201120_230819.jpg
20201119_180448.jpg
20201120_230858.jpg
20201120_230843.jpg

Reactions: Frog05
Interesting. How did you affix the filter to the various optics? Is it friction-fit?

I didn’t like the SNB with my DTNVGs. It made them too dark for my liking. But I LOVE it with my Halo-LR. I got 4 of them from Jay, so I’m looking for stuff to put them on. 😋

So I agree ...they do make the image darker. Most so on the 14s/goggles . I thought the trade off was better in most situations. Now when I took a walk in thick woods or through the barn with no ir.... id take them off... strolling through fields and general outdoors I liked them.

So jay had one made for a 27 that fit in the flip cap... screwed into the rnvgs, and I turned one of the standard ones down to fit in the 2124.

As u mention and I have heard they do great on thermals as well ??

It may also be an eye thing ?? For me I like the color. I actually like the photonis tubes with the blueish hue over the l3 I have lol..... but the filter gives me that color. Might be my eyes dunno.

I put them on the Halr-LR (that I went out with tonight) and my Reap v2 60mm. DEFINITELY cuts down on the blinding light and produces a more pleasing, comfortable display image. It also cuts down on the light splash some. I think the SNBs are absolutely perfect for thermals, but they obviously must have a PVS-14 standardized eyepiece, which most seem to.

I wish the Dual Skeets would accept them, or Jay would make them compatible with Skeets. :cry:

I wish the Dual Skeets would accept them, or Jay would make them compatible with Skeets. :cry:
The one for the -27 was definitely a much larger piece of filter, so it seems like he's got the ability to make them many different sizes. Bet if you sort out what the thread spec and size are for the Skeet he could make something happen.

Thanks for the kind words about the filters and 27 Bob!

I plan to have fancy housings made to fit all the clip ons available but I’ve also got 972418 other things I’m doing right now as well so I need a few more days in the week right now haha.

I like the filter, especially on clip ons!

Jay