• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire Backup alternatives

Crews

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 11, 2017
    Hallsville, Tx
    I know there’s some flashlight nerds around SH, and I need some advice. I’ve been carrying a Surefire Backup MV for several years now. Things I like:
    - Durability and confidence it will always work
    - Always comes on high, one click to low. Simple operation, no programming, and all I need (or want) is high beam first, low beam second

I like the length okay but finding it a bit uncomfortable to carry because the head is so fat. So, I am looking for something with a slimmer head, and I don’t think a longer body would hurt any. Also, I wouldn’t mind switching to something that takes rechargeable batteries. Need something that comes on high every time, and is bright enough to really disorient someone at self defense distances. And easy switch to a low output for admin tasks.

Anyone have some good recommendations?
    587F60D6-2249-4390-B745-1F7492A65C36.jpeg

i have the same SF and love it but dont carry in day time, just when out at dark or going to be dark. it is a little bulky but i’ve never thought of anything else

a quick look at streamlights site and the protac 1L looks thinner. 350 limens on AA’s. its a little longer too and they have a USB recharge model.

i have a SF titan in my key ring. its good for little stuff up close. not much else though.

Wait for the new EDC Turbo light to come out. It takes a rechargeable battery and is a high candela light or go with a tactician. That has a slimmer head

Malkokoff MDC BodyGuard Flashlight. Malkoff Devices: You will not bet disappointed.