• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SureFire Brakes

EOD350

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2010
Florida
Looking for hirst hand info on SureFire brakes. Do they work better than most? I am rebuilding a 300 WM which I have shot for several years, but I'm getting old and after about 50 or so rounds the thumping is taking a toll. Appreciate the responses.

Re: SureFire Brakes

I've used Surefire, AAC Blackout, Badger Ord FTE, but only on .308. To me they all worked about the same for that caliber. I did shoot a 300 WM with the FTE and it felt just like a .243. I don't know if they will work the same with the 300 WM.

If you just want a very effective brake, I would recommend the Badger FTE. If you want a good brake with the capabilities of mounting a great suppressor, then I would recommend the Surefire or the AAC 90 tooth brake. I've used all three brakes, and own the Surefire and love it.

i'm putting a FTE on my 300wm, i have surefire on three other guns soon to be 4. they are effective but most require the barrel to be profiled for them specificly i would get a FTE and never look back.

another vote for FTE for 300wm. I have one on a 5r but I never shoot the 300wm anymore

I don't have a lot of experience with many different brakes but when from an A2 flash hider to a Surefire brake on my AR-10, the difference was like night and day. I'm very please with mine. The only downside I see is the cost of a Surefire suppressor, which I plan on purchase for my AR-10. Don't know how much they really stack up against other suppressors, but I question if they're worth $500 more. But I love the brake itself.

I have a surefire brake that was on my .308 rifle when I bought it and it works great. I have shot non-brake .308 and it cuts down recoil pretty good.

I have only tried Surefire brake on my LMT MWS .308, and it definitely made difference in muzzle rise for one, and recoil was less.

Unfortunately, I live in commie state so I can't get a suppressor, but hopefully one day, I will be able to try one :p