• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors surefire break question

coulthard_west

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2008
new orleans la
i have really taken a liking to this style of break

100_3975_1.jpg

but my question is how does the suppressor attach its self to the break? i was looking for a break i can attach to the barrel for normal shooting but under an f class match screw a blank over it so it acts like a break no more. i know they have the fte bit i really like the surefire.

Re: surefire break question

The rotating collar on the suppressor has an opening that's offset to the bore in the closed position, but lined up with the bore in the open position.
When rotated into the closed position, it has a ramp section that acts on the back of the mount, bringing the suppressor against the angled section on the body of the mount.
A toothed latch keeps it from backing out.
That's the best description I can come up with, but if anyone has a diagram or set of pictures, that would make it more understandable.

You would spend a lot of money to come up with a cover for that. Id say make your F-Class rig different. Taking that SF on and off will be a pain in the ass.

If you plan to remove it frequently.... yes. Or the RAD Rapid brake.