• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire FA556AR vs. Griffin Armament SPR

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
Assuming I had the choice (meaning, access to each, in-stock, and with-in a reasonable price difference), anyone in a position to speak directly (personal experience) to the performance difference on these two cans? I'm assuming not, since they are both relatively unpopular, with the SF going out of production around 2013 and the SPR just recently discontinued. But, I figured it's worth a shot inquiring.

Obvious issues are muzzle device mounts; both are going to be problematic to locate, but the SF mounts are like finding Hen's Teeth right now, where the GA mounts are still available given the reflex cans were just recently discontinued; how long that will last is anyone's guess. I'm assuming the end-state will have more SF mounts having been produced and sold than GA mounts, so long term, SF may have better availability, but GA mount current availability would negate that advantage unless I failed to properly plan ahead.

I am aware that the construction quality is considerably higher for the SF products

Main questions then are:
-Which can has better noise reduction?
-Which can has better back-pressure reduction?
-Which can is likely to be better supported for future problems?
-Which can is more accurate?
-Which can is more durable?

Thanks!