• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SureFire FA762K

crowe938

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Colorado
Looking for some opinions on this can. I know it's a legacy model, but any downside to this one over a SOCOM762-RC2? Will be using it for general purpose (AR10, AR15, maybe a bolt gun). Not so much concerned with weight. Definitely concerned with sound reduction and POI shift (mainly, is it repeatable). Also what about the mounts - will it work with any of the newer styles?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Will not working with newer mounts. Mounts are hard to find. Much louder than it ought to be. Small and repeatable POI shift. Arms Unlimited is blowing them out cheap.

That's precisely why I'm considering. You get what you pay for... but at that price, is it worth it? Or better off paying up for a SOCOM?

I know the newer SOCOM mounts are better for a few reasons - but are the legacy mounts "poor?"

The open time mounts are better. The brakes between the two generations aren’t much different. It comes down to price sensitivity. If you are a gadget kid with a big budget you’ll wish you got the new hotness. If you want the best $600 7.62 can available there you go.

I’ve got a Surefire 7.62 RC2. I bought it because I planned to use it as a “do-it-all” can on a couple bolt guns & an M4. It’s performed far better than I had anticipated.

The brake works well as far as recoil reduction goes. I can spot hits / misses w/ no problem. W/ out the can the brake isn’t abrasive toward the user. I’ll admit that as a stand alone unit there are better brakes such as the LB or Area 419 Hellfire. As far as blazing away w/ the M4 goes, the gun is very flat shooting. I like it & I’ve had a few buddies buy one after shooting mine.

While using the suppressor I’ve had no complaints. At this point I only shoot my main bolt gun suppressed & the zero is as repeatable as the shooter. I’ve not had any issues w/ anything changing or getting wonky. The furthest I’ve taken it to is 1,060 yards & it’s performed flawlessly. I’d apply lots of lube to the brake before mounting the suppressor because it’s much easier to remove the can afterwards.

Thanks WaterWalker. I've wanted to get a SF can for some time now. Problem with suppressors is they're like potato chips... if you know what I mean.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
I still use a Surefire FA556 and I don’t have any issues with the mount. Technology has grown and there are some better options, however I’ve personally never had issues with the FA QD system.