• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire FA762SS demand

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I was just curious in the demand for the FA762SS. I know there was a pretty big demand when they stopped making these esp with the M40A5 guys. I have one and was considering parting with it either to sell or maybe trade toward some high end glass and wanted to see what the scoop was on this can still. Ihave the Ultra 7 on my AI so the surefire is not getting used

Reactions: Itsadryheat
They are still in production, but there is a minimum quantity per order from SureFire. Hence why a lot of places do not carry them (OTB suppressors just aren't as popular). I am actually in the market for one, but about to move to a different state so waiting to get established in my new residence first.

I still think they'r cool. I completely understand they're outdated and end mount suppressors are a better option. But a GAP Gladius with a FA762SS is still on my list of cool things to have.

I was just curious in the demand for the FA762SS. I know there was a pretty big demand when they stopped making these esp with the M40A5 guys. I have one and was considering parting with it either to sell or maybe trade toward some high end glass and wanted to see what the scoop was on this can still. Ihave the Ultra 7 on my AI so the surefire is not getting used

Ben, talk to me.....

I have a similar one on a form four in KS. It is nearly unused. Several adaptors. It is the Surefire 7.62MG. It is the same external size and appearance as the SS but is built heavier inside for use on the sniper rifle or M60. Very quite suppressor.

Reactions: Dan M
I have one of these cans I use on a couple of rifles, its really quiet...love it!
As far as the brake (adapter) goes, I just called up Surefire and ordered mine (two years ago) It was in stock and cheaper than the secondary market.

The 7.62 brakes can be found, for sure . The 5.56 threaded for 1/2x28 is a little harder to come by. I found one recently on an auction site and paid MSRP. The FA762SS is still in production, but retailers need to order a minimum quantity in order for SureFire to deliver. Hence the reason many retailers no longer carry them. But they still produce the 7.62 brakes threaded in 5/8x24 for this reason.

I am about to get mine back, re-cored and basically brand new from Surefire. I have 2 of the MB762SSAL/RE adapters, and one of the MB556SSN-1/2-28
adapters. I'm debating selling it.

I have three FA762SS cans. My fav 30 cal can. Quiet and accurate. I bought the latest two last year — they are occasionally around. Called SF to make sure they’re rated for 300WBY mag and they said go for it but I haven’t tried it yet. Build isn’t done.

I listed mine for sale on here... feel free to take a look ;)

Not to be an asshole, but that CAM4FA556 muzzle brake was only intended to be used with the FA556AR suppressor. Reps from Surefire on several occasions have noted that using that brake with the FA762SS is highly inadvisable, given it does not lock-up or align properly, and people HAVE had issues with baffle strikes occuring as a result. Just an FYI.

I found out from SF that an old one I had is still popular because I have one of the few XM DARPA Guns (72 made?) and all came with that model, so collectors like to keep the older model guns with original parts. For the record, it shoots just as well as my Thacker and Omega...I think the weight causally helps on a shorter barrel gun..but that’s just me...the FA series were good cans .../

I have several still new in bag when I bought them years ago from Brownells. I will take pictures of different models. I have the correct new mount for the XM....PM me if interested.

Kind of an old bump but I am looking for another 762ss to buy. I have a couple rifle with the barrel already profiled / 762 ss adapter attached . If anyone knows of one for sale let me know please.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Hello I wanted to know if anyone uses a suppressor cover on there Surefire 762 suppressor what brand ? ,geoff3
I used a Bowers Griptastic silicone cover on mine for a while, just switched to a cover
made by Precision Underground...
DW

Hello I wanted to know if anyone uses a suppressor cover on there Surefire 762 suppressor what brand ? ,geoff3

Hey Geoff (you sold me my a4 stock, m24 trigg, pgw rail and m5 metal!)

I use the Bowers silicone griptastic as well. Was the only one i could fine on issued rifles if you are looking to stay "spec". Works excellent also...shot a match with it this past weekend and no mirage issues.

Hey Geoff (you sold me my a4 stock, m24 trigg, pgw rail and m5 metal!)

I use the Bowers silicone griptastic as well. Was the only one i could fine on issued rifles if you are looking to stay "spec". Works excellent also...shot a match with it this past weekend and no mirage issues.
Hello I remember selling the parts ,I forgot about the mirage factor I am going to look into all the types of suppressor covers mentioned in this thread, thank you geoff3

I have two of the FA762K suppressors and use them like pack mules. I have owned them since they fist came out I think in 2011. They have been used on a HK21, countless M16's and AR15's with the SF FA556 FH and AR10's without any problems. They are great suppressors. Arms Unlimited had a lot of them several months ago for ~$700. They also had a lot of the FA556 an dSOCOM suppressors for $650 and a large selection of SF QD devices. I purchased several, but waiting for the long transfer process.

I wished I would have gotten 10 of them rather than 3 back in 2012 lol. that can is probably the only gun related thing I have sold for more than I payed lol

but it was a good can and kind of miss it now lol

I wished I would have gotten 10 of them rather than 3 back in 2012 lol. that can is probably the only gun related thing I have sold for more than I payed lol

but it was a good can and kind of miss it now lol
Apparently SF does small batch runs of them, maybe have your class III ffl call SF directly and request to get on a waitlist if you want more?

Yes.

Reactions: theLBC
Yup, I think Capitol Armory in Cedar Park TX has a few in stock if you want to pick one up.
I saw that just don't have $1800 to drop right now. Which is why i'm curious if they're still going to be made a year or so from now.

I saw that just don't have $1800 to drop right now. Which is why i'm curious if they're still going to be made a year or so from now.
Ahh gotcha, that I have no idea. I feel like SF can cut the cord on these at anytime. CA does a 4 month layaway program so of my friends have used before but you pay a little interest....