• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire FDE Cerakote Issue....Or Not??

1911hombre

Old School
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2019
    East Central Minnesota
    I'm wondering if the finish on my newish RC2 is ok. It got a discoloration/ heat ring pretty much right off the bat. No mag dumps, but a few 20-round mags shooting at steel with a rate of fire maybe 20 rounds per minute. I don't mind the discoloration but I wonder if the cerakote will continue to go south in a bad way. I think it happened when I had it on my MK18; all my guns have 3- or 4-prong flash hiders. Looks worse in person, BTW.
    IMG_3085.jpg

Mine are the same. It's good to go. Will continue to get darker and then kinda stop with continued shooting. Nothing wrong with it. Rock on !!:cool:

Reactions: 1911hombre
    Read between the lines of enough suppressor and suppressor cover descriptions and you’ll come to the realization that a schedule greater than 10 rounds in a minute followed by a cool down period is considered rapid fire.

Reactions: 1911hombre