• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SureFire magazine pic, review to follow shortly.

Chucky

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
I just got my 60 round magazine for my rep kit yesterday and wanted to post up a pic. I am going to be taking this to the range on Monday and plan on hopefully shooting at least 1K rounds through it both suppressed and non suppressed on a number of platforms to include a Colt,Noveske,POF, Larue and Bushmaster lower. Here is a pic to hold you over with a GI mag and a Magpul with ranger plate for size comparison. These magazines should start shipping to dealers in the next week or so because this is a production magazine that I have.

DSC_0045.jpg

Re: SureFire magazine pic, review to follow shortly.

Once you fill that up with ammo, I would like to know the weight of it.

must have one interesting follower in that mag

I ran 1,073 rounds through this magazine and everytime it shot the magazine till it was dry. I ran 55fmj,62grain green tip,55grain vmax and 77 grain HSM SMK in a number of lowers. I used a Noveske, POF, Bushmaster, Colt and Larue.

Back to the question above.

1) What will these cost.

Quickly followed by:
2) If the military does a contingency no-bid production order on them or something crazy, will there still be supply for the civilian market?

And i guess one of the other things you could test for, if surefire cared to:

Put the mag in "compromised" shooting positions. Rest the AR on the mag with the mag sitting on concrete or something similarly hard. Fire the full mag. Does it cause a jam?

On its side? With pressure either forward or back on the bottom end of the mag?

In short, is this thing tested for rock solid reliability beyond square ranges and ideal shooting conditions?

If the answer to all this is yes, then i would posit that it could make for a nice video that SF could use to demonstrate to the world that we need to buy this.

As it stands now, I like the concept, and I will buy a few --AFTER some of the folks on here more experienced (and wealthier) than I have put it through its paces to demonstrate the above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back to the question above.

1) What will these cost.

Quickly followed by:
2) If the military does a contingency no-bid production order on them or something crazy, will there still be supply for the civilian market?

And i guess one of the other things you could test for, if surefire cared to:

Put the mag in "compromised" shooting positions. Rest the AR on the mag with the mag sitting on concrete or something similarly hard. Fire the full mag. Does it cause a jam?

On its side? With pressure either forward or back on the bottom end of the mag?

In short, is this thing tested for rock solid reliability beyond square ranges and ideal shooting conditions?

If the answer to all this is yes, then i would posit that it could make for a nice video that SF could use to demonstrate to the world that we need to buy this.

As it stands now, I like the concept, and I will buy a few --AFTER some of the folks on here more experienced (and wealthier) than I have put it through its paces to demonstrate the above. </div></div>

1. $129 for the 60rnd mag $179 for the 100rnd magazine.

2. We can make a lot of these a month and availability shouldn't be a huge issue. Now if we got a huge order with a very limited time window that is something different but the military is going to want to do extensive testing on these before they would commit to buying a huge amount of them.

3. Yes we have tested this magazine on something other than a lead sled with no weight on the mag. I was shooting mine yesterday and today from the standing kneeling, kneeling with the magazine resting on my leg, magazine prone in the dirt and on rocks, magazine prone off the bench and we have been testing them for months in shooting courses as well as on ranges with military units on their full auto lowers.

SH group buy??
RTH

$179 for a mag is a bit much. I love you guys at Surefire but damn!

I love Surefire stuff but the $$ is just too much!! I'll take pmags for $13!!

but will it feed .458 socom?

A Surefire rep was at my local gun shop on Saturday. I got to handle one of these. I pushed down on the follower at the front at it got really stuck. I was a little worried I broke it. Eventually got it leveled out. Reminded me off the old black follower USGI mags. Then again they always worked well when in good condition.....

Oh, what is the NSN for these? I want to try one out.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but will it feed .458 socom? </div></div>
I second that

Will it run in the HK416 ?

Will they be available also from online dealers at the end of this month ?

PP out

179 for a 100 round, stamped mag without an anti tilt follower...

im good,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love Surefire stuff but the $$ is just too much!! I'll take pmags for $13!! </div></div>

Marketing cost money!

Sounds like one sweet piece of gear.

And at over 7x the cost of a Pmag for something thats gonna be twice as heavy (ok just slightly under twice as heavy as its got 60 instead of 30 rounds but maybe not 2x as much matter composing the magazine)...but I digress.... back to the point - at that cost for something with that function, I am more than happy to stick with my 30 rounders and never own one of these.

and they may be a bit goofy in mag pouches if you're gonna rock more than one on your kit.....and that's just talking about the 60 rounder and not even mentioning this 100 round monstrosity....

I think the juice may not be worth the squeeze so to speak.

But hey - one cool piece of gear right there, and if it weren't too rich for my blood - heck yeah I'd buy one!