• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire, PWS or SJC

I Have surefire SOCOM brake on LMT 308 and 5.56. I have been very happy with them. Loud but very effective. I also have a couple SOCOM flashiders and they do well in low light with 14.5 inch 308 and 5.56.

PWS FCS30 will almost eliminate the recoil. It will however make anyone adjacent to you miserable due to the directed muzzle blast. It also makes follow up shots or keeping your ret on target really simple. Two thumbs up!

Bones

Last edited:
Add another one for the Surefire SOCOM series of muzzle breaks. I have had them on multiple AR15s and they shoot almost like 22s. Makes CQB and LR shooting much easier. I also have one on my LaRue PredAR308 and the recoil went from unpleasant to unnoticeable. They really are that good. +1 if you decide to get a surefire .30 cal SOCOM can, you can use it on your 556 as well as your 762 guns with those breaks installed!

PWS FCS30 will almost eliminate the recoil. It will however make anyone adjacent to you miserable due to the directed muzzle blast. It also makes follow up shots or keeping you ret on target really simple. Two thumbs up!

Bones

This right here...

I cant speak for the surefire however the blast will not effect the shooter. I am speaking from my exp with the PWS on a 16" Piston driven 308 platform. It will anyone next to you i.e. right or left. That blast is the device working as it should. Eliminating the recoil. It is incredible I assure you it is incredible and functions as it was designed to which is perfect by the way in every sense for the person behind the trigger.

Last edited:
I ordered a SOCOM muzzle brake fro Brownells. The first one came with the shims and spacer for the 556 SOCOM. Called brownells gun techs they looked thru their on hand stock and many kits had the same problem. They shipped me another shim/spacer pack FedEx 2nd day. no spacer. They again checked their stock none of the kits had the spacer. They suggested I call Surefire which I did. They sent me a another shim/spacer kit and in the small plastic package attached to the main shim pack was a thin clear shim rather than the spacer. 4th try I eventually got the spacer. Following the directions on using their wheel of misfortune which tells you what shims are needed to properly index the brake the brake was no where close to indexing. I posted a query on Subguns.com and many folks replied that they had the same trouble trying to index their SOCOM brakes. Since I now had 3 shim packs i determined what total thickness and combination of shims I needed to index the brake. After 1.5 hours of trying various combinations of shims I finally got it indexed. If I did not have more than 1 package of shims I never would have gotten it to index. This was on a SIG 716.
I had previously put the predecessor of the SOCOM on my LMT MWS and indexed it in less than 15 minutes.

the indexing was definitely a bitch but I love the break on my larue 308. havent tried the pws but I'm completely happy with the surefire, wheel of doom and shims aside.

The Titan is the most effective, but if the others are just loud, the Titan is deafening and the pressure blast to others is like getting punched in the face.

But, it is the most effective. Consider the Rolling Thunder also.

I've got two 20" barrels for my mws, one has the fcs30, the other the surefire.
The surefire is more effective, likely due to its finer tolerances on the baffles.
They are both about the same for percieved "blast".
Had a battlecomp too, it was about half as effective as the surefire, sold it pretty quick...

The brake you linked is the MB762-211C. They are both 5/8X24 but other than that there are a lot of differences. The MB762-211C is a legacy adapter. It was designed for the FA762K suppressor. The MB762-211C has a notch cut in the bottom for the pin inside the suppressor to index into and it is set up for a right handed shooter. If you look at the 12 o'clock position you will notice the vent hole at the 11 is a lot smaller than the one at the 1 position. This is to compensate for the up and to the right push you feel as the rifle recoils in your shoulder pocket if you are right handed.

The SFMB762-5/8-24 is our newest brake design. It is designed for the SOCOM suppressors which is a much better suppressor design than the legacy series. The brake has two equally size ports at the 1 and 11 position that give an equal push towards the ground. This reduces bipod hop and also makes it work equally as well if you are a left or right handed shooter. Also instead of a notch at the 6 there is now a tab machined into the adapter. This tab fits into a notch cut into the suppressor and on both sides of the tab it is recessed so the carbon doesn't build up on the mounting contact points right away. Also there are now gas checks on the SOCOM adapters as well so the carbon builds up there before the contact points. The other thing is they have pilot holes drilled in at the 3 and 9 o'clock position. These are so you can drill them out if you run and gun and you can tune the brake so it recoils almost straight back for quicker follow up shots while shooting 3 gun competition or so forth.

Sorry if this is long winded but they are very different adapters.