• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire R1 Lawman

cramey74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2011
Joplin Mo
Does anyone have experience with this light? I'm a little late asking because one is on the way to my house UPS. Going to be using it as a duty light, so it will get used pretty hard.

Yes Sir. It is an awesome light. 750 lumens on full tilt and has a little "gas gauge" on the side to tell you how much charge is left. Three brightness settings plus strobe on the rubber button near the lens as well as temp/constant on with the tailcap switch. Comes with a car and house charger.

I keep mine in my car with the charger. A few months ago, I lent it to a NY State Trooper friend to try out before he bought one as they are expensive. I get a call from him apologizing profusely for cracking the lens during a felony stop where the suspect led some troopers into the woods on a foot chase. Light was pretty banged up but still worked perfectly. SF fixed the light free of charge. Their customer service is pretty legendary.

IMHO, it is a GREAT LEO light.

You made a good choice. I have been using mine on patrol for a little over a year. No problems. The light is bright enough to cause a perp to look away when it is shone into a their eyes. I have dropped mine and experienced no problems unlike lights with conventional bulbs. It is a little pricey but how much is your life worth?

Buy once, cry once.

Good luck.

Joe

You made a good choice. I have been using mine on patrol for a little over a year. No problems. The light is bright enough to cause a perp to look away when it is shone into a their eyes. I have dropped mine and experienced no problems unlike lights with conventional bulbs. It is a little pricey but how much is your life worth?

Buy once, cry once.

Good luck.

Joe

Thanks, I received mine in the mail yesterday. It is a real nice package. I have owned many surefire products and never had an issue. I was just concerned there wasn't a lot of feedback on this one. Your right that sucker is BRIGHT!!

Yes Sir. It is an awesome light. 750 lumens on full tilt and has a little "gas gauge" on the side to tell you how much charge is left. Three brightness settings plus strobe on the rubber button near the lens as well as temp/constant on with the tailcap switch. Comes with a car and house charger.

I keep mine in my car with the charger. A few months ago, I lent it to a NY State Trooper friend to try out before he bought one as they are expensive. I get a call from him apologizing profusely for cracking the lens during a felony stop where the suspect led some troopers into the woods on a foot chase. Light was pretty banged up but still worked perfectly. SF fixed the light free of charge. Their customer service is pretty legendary.

IMHO, it is a GREAT LEO light.

I broke mine as well dropped it on the lens and it cracked the glass, still worked fine though. Sent it back to surefire and they fixed it for free, no questions asked. Amazing service for sure. The R1 lawman is pricey but its an awesome light as not many lights out there have all the features it does.

I've been using mine for a duty light for a year or two. One feature I really like is the back up battery stick that uses CR123 batteries so if the rechargeable battery goes down you have a back up.