• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire RCII 6.5/260 muzzle brake

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
Surefire shows them on their website, however every dealer I check shows they're discontinued. Anyone know why, or if they're planning on producing anymore? I found/bought a used one a few months ago. But I just bought another rifle that I'd really like to put another one on. How much difference does it make running the 7.62? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Hydrogen
Surefire shows them on their website, however every dealer I check shows they're discontinued. Anyone know why, or if they're planning on producing anymore? I found/bought a used one a few months ago. But I just bought another rifle that I'd really like to put another one on. How much difference does it make running the 7.62? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Wondering the same thing. I'm trying to run my 7.62 Surefire can on my 6.5 but I can't seem to find a Surefire device. They all say discontinued... were you able to get any info this?

No, they are still made. These are very low demand. Most people would opt for a 7.62 brake or flash hider, unless one was available. We usually have the most hard to get Surefire muzzle devices and suppressors in stock

Surefire 6.5mm flash hider

We are out of stock. You can sign up to be notified, or buy a 7.62 muzzle device. Not much difference. For a 762 RC2 or MINI2, the suppressors will accept 5.56, 6.5 and 7.62 muzzle devices without issue.

No, they are still made. These are very low demand. Most people would opt for a 7.62 brake or flash hider, unless one was available. We usually have the most hard to get Surefire muzzle devices and suppressors in stock

Surefire 6.5mm flash hider

We are out of stock. You can sign up to be notified, or buy a 7.62 muzzle device. Not much difference. For a 762 RC2 or MINI2, the suppressors will accept 5.56, 6.5 and 7.62 muzzle devices without issue.
I appreciate the info. I'm new to the long range club; I didn't think running a 7.62 muzzle device on a 6.5 was ideal. In essence, you're saying I can purchase a Surefire 7.62 brake and run it on my 6.5 without any issue? I'm going to look into it! Thanks

I appreciate the info. I'm new to the long range club; I didn't think running a 7.62 muzzle device on a 6.5 was ideal. In essence, you're saying I can purchase a Surefire 7.62 brake and run it on my 6.5 without any issue? I'm going to look into it! Thanks

You can shoot bullets with smaller diameter through larger bore diameter muzzle devices without issue. Similar to shooting 6.5 bullets or 224 bullets out of a 30 cal can.

Excerpt from the link while certainly not a Surefire device, some info to consider. You might want that extra percentage of performance or you might not -
The Surprising Results

Though a consistent difference in recoil reduction was detected, it was constantly very small. The 6.5 Gen 2 Little Bastard muzzle brake performed between 1-3% better than the 30 caliber muzzle brake. We then decided to move this test to the bench with a handful of fairly avid shooters to further investigate if this 1-3% could be felt. We did add an optic to this portion of the test. An almost unanimous verdict surfaced. All but one shooter claimed they could not feel a difference between the two brakes, while the lone wolf said there was a slight exaggeration in crosshair movement when utilizing the .308 muzzle brake.