• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire Socom 556 on SB rifles

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
Like the title says, who's running them on SBR's. Post pictures if you have them. I'm curious as to the actual over lap on the EM socom QD mounts.

Here it is on my 14.5 and also my 10.3.

DSC_0690.jpg

tapeswitch_zps815cf533.jpg

Thanks for the pictures guys. With the suppressor mounted how far behind the mount is the locking ring on the suppressor. I have a 10" PWS and there's .250" clearance between the rear of the mount shoulder and front of the hand guard.

33a7315.jpg

2s19hdl.jpg

The pics I sent are of 11.4" barrel and 10" DD rail.

The pics you posted above looks a little tight. If you machined the rail up top to be flush all the way down with the bottom then I bet that would do the trick. That should fit perfect. I remember reading on another forum that you needed a little over a 1/4" for it to fit comfortably, I just can't remember what forum it was.

I have a 14.5 pinned and welded still, waiting for my socom 7.62 for my 5.56 still domt know if it will fit?

Spoke to Surefire yesterday concerning this question. If using the Surefire Brake and not flash hider and have at least 1/4" behind the shoulder (as I do) it's GTG.

Thanks for posting that up! It's a good data point. I hope you get your can ASAP.

My 556RC should be approved anytime now! (famous last words, right?)