• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire SOCOM 556 RC

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
What can be expected for the lifespan of the SF SOCOM 556 RC used on a 10.3" MK18 with a brake installed. I know a lot of factors come into play, but assuming semi auto fire, say 30 rounds or so then left to cool for a few minutes? I heard some ppl say the MK18's will kill a suppressor, while others have said they have thousands through then while still performing quite well.

Much of a difference if ran on a 16" Recce rifle?

Alan

I think you're going to have a really difficult time killing the Socom 556 RC on a mk18. In all likelihood it'll outlast the gun. I just bought a Socom 762 mini and I fully expect it to last a lifetime.

I'm still using my first 5.56 suppressor, a TL Guns (Ty Meligan) "smidget" from 1997. I've run full-auto C-mags through it (maybe three times total when I still owned an M16 with a 10.5" barrel) and literally, tens of thousands of rounds through it mounted on a handful of guns. It still works as well as it ever did.

I spent, IIRC, about $700 with NFA tax for it back then and thought it was a LOT of money at the time.

It was money well spent.

Having used/owned a Socom 5.56 RC can for the past year I have no doubt it'll outlast ME. It's solid. Pricey, but from my own experience and other reports, worth every penny.

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. I did some research and wasn't worried about spending more for top quality. I'm just still new to suppressors and am really enjoying them! I was just curious what lifespan may be, but seems it will likely outlast me! I use the SOCOM on a MK18 and a RECCE type 16".

Alan

Just incase you didn't know the blast baffel on the SOCOM 762 Mini is twice as thick. I really can't tell a big difference between my 556sb and 762 mini on a LWRCi 10.5" A5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10k plus I am sure, probably more. And yes 10.5s are hard on the can. I've heard roughly half the lifespan of the same on 16".

I have (4) SureFire suppressors in 5.56 and (2) in 7.62, the oldest cans I have are 6 years old and function like the day I got them. I have also personally shot a SureFire suppressor that had over 200,000 rounds through it. I could not discern any difference in both sound attenuation or accuracy than that of my suppressors. SureFire is good to go and you will never regret the purchase.

I have (4) SureFire suppressors in 5.56 and (2) in 7.62, the oldest cans I have are 6 years old and function like the day I got them. I have also personally shot a SureFire suppressor that had over 200,000 rounds through it. I could not discern any difference in both sound attenuation or accuracy than that of my suppressors. SureFire is good to go and you will never regret the purchase.

200,000? That's a lot! I know I wont ever hit 40k with mine between the 10.3 MK18 and the 16" so I don't think there's much to worry about lol.

Alan