• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire Socom 556 Suppressor (will it fit?)

GUNENTHUSIAST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
SE PA
Hey guys,

I have a Surefire Socom 556 SB suppressor on the way and I have a Noveske VIS 10.5 inch upper on an M16 lower and it looks like the barrel is too short inside the Vltor VIS quad rail to mount the Surefire break with enough clearance to allow the suppressor to mount. The upper at the provided link is the one I have. Is it possible to have a barrel extension of some kind to mount the QD break on so it is far enough out from the quad rail to clear the suppressor? I am going to be pissed if there is no good way to make this work!

www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2737

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Re: Surefire Socom 556 Suppressor (will it fit?)

I'd PM Chucky and give him the exact distance from the back of the threads to the rail. He should be able to advise on the required distance.

I have a pending Form-4 on this one, and on first inspection, it looked like it had enough distance to allow the 5.56 SOCOM.

http://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/831b2e084fcb770c0b0f5bc2379635e7.jpg

Good luck, and let me know how this turns out.