• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire Socom 7.62 advice

RollinCoal11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
GA
I'm looking to get Gap 10 build going here soon and possibly having the Surefire brake installed on it. I've got a TBAC 30P-1 that I absolutely love. My question is how does the Surefire stack up to the TBAC. I'm sure there is minimal POI shift with the surefire just like the TBAC but how about the sound level. The TBAC is the quietest suppressor that I've heard. Is the Surefire similar to the TBAC quieter , louder etc.

I'm sure that there are plenty that would disagree, but I think that that TBAC is the better suppressor. You reach the point of diminished returns quickly after the TBAC on price point.
That said, I went with the TBAC 30ba on my Gap-10 and it is a good combination. Though, there is an article on here written by Mr. Gardner in which he outlines the downsides to suppressing an ar-10, and more or less states that they should not be in most cases.