• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire Socom 762mini & TBAC 30 BAS

lwrkeysfisher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Gloucester, VA
Now that the wife is writing gun trusts she is encouraging me to pick up a suppressor or two. I ordered a SWR Spectre ii, but am stuck on the centerfire rifle suppressor.

I've narrowed it down to these two, very different, but similar suppressors. The hosts are a variety of 5.56, 6.8, & .308s. Anyone have experience with either/both?

For comparison sake I have some experience with Gemtech Sandstorm, Surefire 762K, and AWC Thundertrap.

Thanks,

I noticed you lumped 6.8 in there. If its mainly gonna be shot on a semi auto platform, go with the SF. From what I have read, TI is not the best for semi auto/rapid fire. If the host is mainly bolt guns, then get the TBAC.

Thanks Pusher, definitely for semi autos---maybe I'll get a bolt gun again one day.

I was leaning toward the TBAC (especially w/ group buy) but think the quick release mounts for the SF may suit me better.

Was hoping to hear some thoughts on sound...

Well since she's pushing you to purchase a couple, why not get a 5.56 can and a 30 cal can? The SWR 556 and 762 together are only $100 more than the Surefire, although you have to pay for 2 stamps then.

I have a 30PSS on the way for my 12.5" ARP 6.8. I'm using a 30P-1 on a 16" 6.8 now, the 30PSS should be sweet on the 12.5"

High rates of fire/mag dumps are not for Ti cans. The weight savings of a Ti can is well worth it to me not to be spraying ammo..

I don't have much experience with SF other than finger banging some of their models. Hard to go wrong with TBAC.