• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire Socom Supressor

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
I finally moved to a free state and looking for a can. All my ARs have surefire socom brakes as I was planning for this day for a long time!
Anybody know of a dealer that actually has a 556 in stock? TIA.

When I was looking I couldn't find one. No .30 cal either...
Very popular. They have the military contracts, minimal impact shift, and a great attachment system.
Ended up with the SOCOM MINI II .30 cal. Money was burning a hole in my pocket...
At least it can fit on other guns like my Remington 700 Classic in 7mm Mauser.

7x57 with can.JPG

Reactions: FatBoy
Allen Arms (NFA distributor) shows 41 in stock at this moment. Go find a SOT in your state that has an account and they should have it in hand within a couple of weeks.

Dude, the RC3 is going to be officially announced on Oct 12. It’ll be $1400+, probably. Maybe even $1700. But it’s a flow-through design. I’m on a preorder.

If you don’t want that, the RC3 will probably push the RC2 prices down. Call places and ask for a discount.

you buy from bauer double check they send the right shit. they sent me the wrong color B&T can and I didnt know it til I went to pick it up. They were like whoops.

Reactions: Coffee_and_Pipes
Dude, the RC3 is going to be officially announced on Oct 12. It’ll be $1400+, probably. Maybe even $1700. But it’s a flow-through design. I’m on a preorder.

If you don’t want that, the RC3 will probably push the RC2 prices down. Call places and ask for a discount.

According to the info I received this morning, MSRP is $1799 and MAP is $1709.

More likely louder than the RC2.
Yes, on an AR at the muzzle. But at the shooter’s ear (also on an AR) I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same as an RC2 or less due to potentially less ejection port noise.

The shooter’s ear is what I’m after…others may feel differently of course. That, and less gas to ye olde beard.

Yes, on an AR at the muzzle. But at the shooter’s ear (also on an AR) I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same as an RC2 or less due to potentially less ejection port noise.

The shooter’s ear is what I’m after…others may feel differently of course. That, and less gas to ye olde beard.

No, my guy. Louder at the ear and muzzle. With rare exception are flow through silencers more quiet than conventional baffles, regardless of tuned gas. Louder all the way around. Also, heavier too.

Feel free to scroll down the list to Huxworx.

Here's a video that shows the same thing.

No, my guy. Louder at the ear and muzzle. With rare exception are flow through silencers more quiet than conventional baffles, regardless of tuned gas. Louder all the way around. Also, heavier too.

Feel free to scroll down the list to Huxworx.

Here's a video that shows the same thing.

What I’m getting at is what this compro below showed. Using a piston and DI host, the dB’s between a flow through and trad can are about the same to that shooter (Flow 556 vs RC2). Not exactly the same, I’m sure (i.e. TBAC’s test), but close enough for government work.

I’m not one to geek out too hard on dB numbers. Differences of about 3-5dB don’t sway me.

The big differentiator in the test is gas to the face (Flow 556 wins) and maybe flash (RC2 wins, but 3D printed cans might spark for a while so that clouds the flash test somewhat). For me, less gas is the priority.

I’m usually wearing double ear pro all of the time (100% of the time in my left ear) and I’m suppressed 100% of the time. A suppressor’s biggest benefit for me is the elimination of most of the concussive effect of firing.

I can see if you’re not wearing ear pro when shooting (you really should, though) that your values would be different.

A weakness of the test I posted is he didn’t seem to tune the piston gun’s gas. And I don’t think he had an AGB on the DI gun. He DID have an AGB on the DI rifle, but “left it at its factory setting”? Whatever that means. As long as he didn’t change it between the Flow and RC2.

The weight between the RC2 and RC3 is the same, the Flow 556 is an ugly little bastard lol and a flow-through will also expand my gas “choices” or flexibility if I get another upper, one that might be a DI and without a AGB.

If TBAC had a flow-through can at this instant…well, that would make my choice much harder.

In short, I’m not saying you are wrong. I’m just explaining what I value and how I reasoned myself into buying a RC3. I’m probably a dumbass.

Last edited:
Reactions: NateSavannah
X-ring on YouTube has a good video on the RC-3. Less recoil, and blowback by 60%.
60% as compared to the RC-2? Great, now compare it to another flow through can…I know it has less blowback than a traditional can.

60% as compared to the RC-2? Great, now compare it to another flow through can…I know it has less blowback than a traditional can.
Just saying what they said, and showed. Can't really knock them considering who they really make them for.

Eh, look at that vid I just posted and just imagine 60% less gas when he shoots the RC2. Then look when he shoots the Flow 556. That thing doesn’t put out much gas, for sure.

I took a gander at Xring’s RC3 vid. Just spitballing, but I bet the RC3 and Flow 556 will be fairly close on the gas front, but the RC3 will be a bit gassier.

But the Flow 556 looks like a dildo lol.