• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire socom TI lowering velocity?

utahcoyote

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2020
Utah
A buddy of mine recently received his surefire and shot with it for the first time today and it lowered his velocity through the chronograph by 450 fps. I’m not ballistic or suppressor expert but the only thing I could think of that could cause such a drastic change is a baffle strike? Any ideas of anything else that could cause it? All of my suppressors only affect my velocity by maybe 30fps depending on the gun I have it on. I wouldn’t think one would have that much of an effect especially negatively

I think there would be some serious mayhem if it were really slowing it down that much. That’s quite a bit of energy to absorb. Something is off with the measurement.

A buddy of mine recently received his surefire and shot with it for the first time today and it lowered his velocity through the chronograph by 450 fps. I’m not ballistic or suppressor expert but the only thing I could think of that could cause such a drastic change is a baffle strike? Any ideas of anything else that could cause it? All of my suppressors only affect my velocity by maybe 30fps depending on the gun I have it on. I wouldn’t think one would have that much of an effect especially negatively
No way is that possible. His chrono is measuring incorrectly.